PhillRC'S MRS Build (page 5 onwards)

Started by PhillRC, June 16, 2012, 13:00

AckersMR2

Just a thought but with your car riding that low can you get a jack under the sill if you should ever get a puncture?
My sisters got a cooper s with something like 18-19" wheels on it and lowered and I know she keeps a length of 3" thick wood in the boot to drive up onto in case she gets a puncture for that very reason  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

PhillRC

right, I've hired the front end up a bit dosnt look much but it don't scrape out of the drive now.

and got my drop links so i can fit my anti roll bar tomorrow hopfully if the wether gives it a rest.

chris3boro

Nice chinchilla (??)

Looking good  s:) :) s:)

PhillRC

nothing much just put my D2 sticker and gear knob on.

PhillRC

finally painted my side vents but my gun messed up on me  s:( :( s:(  if they look crap on the car ill do them agen :/

PhillRC

put them on and they look a lot better

trevsmr2

Quote from: "PhillRC"Havant really done much lately, fitted my new calliper i bought off d1ck, can't change my handbrake cables duno how anyone got a clue, .

PM sent with how i did mine ,ive submitted it as a how to ,but its not been approved as yet

Anonymous

Fine job Phil, what did you prime with?

AckersMR2

Quote from: "PhillRC"put them on and they look a lot better
Looks like your missing a seat  s:? :? s:?  And your ears are sticking out  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

simers

serious lookin job Phil and some really nice work on them wheels....I need to do my own now soon too as they in an awful state
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

PhillRC

Quote from: "dick2ski"Fine job Phil, what did you prime with?

Primer, but make sure to key them up first

Anonymous

Plastic primer?

PS, I cant believe how far your 2 has come in such a short time. Good effort mate!

Jay67

Looking good, you still got the Toyosport exhaust on? I picked up one dirt cheap and just fitted it, sounds a lot on the rattly/raspy side around 4000rpm, you got the same with yours? Never heard one before!

Jason
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

PhillRC

Quote from: "dick2ski"Plastic primer?

PS, I cant believe how far your 2 has come in such a short time. Good effort mate!

no just normal but if you want you could use plastic primer as a undercoat for the normal primer (Y)

PhillRC

Quote from: "Jay67"Looking good, you still got the Toyosport exhaust on? I picked up one dirt cheap and just fitted it, sounds a lot on the rattly/raspy side around 4000rpm, you got the same with yours? Never heard one before!

Jason

Yeah mate i think thats the noise its meant too make, i like it IMO down the revs its quiet and it gets louder when you rev it hard.

Jay67

been out for a blast again and i agree with you, i'm kinda liking the sudden increase in volume as you put your foot down and the deeper burble lower down the revs, makes up for mine being a pig to fit!
Jason

Patch

You got a nice looking '2 there, mate.

chris3boro

Quote from: "Jay67"been out for a blast again and i agree with you, i'm kinda liking the sudden increase in volume as you put your foot down and the deeper burble lower down the revs, makes up for mine being a pig to fit!

Can you two get a few more vids of the toyosport? Interested to hear more from it as you don't see them in person often

Jay67

Quote from: "chris3boro"
Quote from: "Jay67"been out for a blast again and i agree with you, i'm kinda liking the sudden increase in volume as you put your foot down and the deeper burble lower down the revs, makes up for mine being a pig to fit!

Can you two get a few more vids of the toyosport? Interested to hear more from it as you don't see them in person often

taken it off again Chris, went for a long drive and once it'd warmed up it sounded awful, no way could I live with the dreadful rattle from it when you booted it, it was way too loud! My advice would be not to risk it, I only paid 60 quid for mine so not a massive loss. Phill might have been lucky with his and got a decent one but I think these Toyosports are a bit of a gamble!   s:| :| s:|
Jason

chris3boro

Quote from: "Jay67"
Quote from: "chris3boro"

taken it off again Chris, went for a long drive and once it'd warmed up it sounded awful, no way could I live with the dreadful rattle from it when you booted it, it was way too loud! My advice would be not to risk it, I only paid 60 quid for mine so not a massive loss. Phill might have been lucky with his and got a decent one but I think these Toyosports are a bit of a gamble!   s:| :| s:|

Oh dear that's not good!

PhillRC

just phoned up custom cages and i should be looking at £160 ish for my rollover bar, it needs too be welded but i dont mind giving it a go and it comes with extra bace plates so i can have a bolt in cage  s:D :D s:D  after i have it welded by a pro and powder coated it should cost me around £200-£250.

PhillRC

bought the cage, this is all i got too go off for a picture atm :S lmao.

PhillRC

finally got my cage, just need a tidy day too get working on it.

The Cage all wrapped up.

and had a certificate and nice badge.

chris3boro

Looks good. What colour you going for?

PhillRC

Quote from: "chris3boro"Looks good. What colour you going for?
im going to get some black texture paint or if ive got spare cash i might get them powder coated

Tags: