Body kits just found 8-12-12 nice but $$$$

Started by porscheguy944, August 12, 2012, 23:03

porscheguy944

Here is a link to the kits I just found.
 m http://www.luxurypart.com/home/index.ph ... &Itemid=60 m

m http://www.luxurypart.com/home/index.ph ... gallerytop m

Luxurypart Thailand.
122/653-650 Pracha U Tid91/2, Thungkru,
Bangkok, 10140
Tel: 662-871-9736
Mobile: 6684-333-7773
Mr. Kittipun
Manager
 w www.luxurypart.com w
My name is Roger and I am a gear shifting tire burning low flying High output Carbon aholic.......
Thank GOD there are normal people out there
which leaves all of the fun cars left over for us

Current rides: 1997 Lotus Esprit TT 3.5 L V-8 482 RWHP 2005 SLK55 AMG 5.5L 366 HP 2008 C63 AMG 456 HP

stupink

veeeeeeeeeeeeeery nice kits.. i really like the first couple..
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Wabbitkilla

Front of a Noble

Rear of a Porsche

And the engine of an MR2.

Quote from: "porscheguy944"Here is a link to the kits I just found.
 m http://www.luxurypart.com/home/index.ph ... &Itemid=60 m

IMHO one of the best looking bodykits, a long way to get delivered.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Wabbitkilla

Actually looking again at those kits, it is very close to a complete Carrera GT.
I maintain my line with many of these types, if you want a Carrera GT / Ferrari ... then buy one.
I simply can't see the point in pretending you have one by dressing up another car.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

AckersMR2

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I simply can't see the point in pretending you have one by dressing up another car.

I couldn't agree more  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Untitled by Aki_Z1000, on Flickr]
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I simply can't see the point in pretending you have one by dressing up another car.

It's as close as some people can get!
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "StuC"

Then they have to accept that life isn't perfect, obviously it's only my opinion and everyone has their own needs and drivers so there is a market for these "things". I just find it all rather sad, but if they're happy ... get on with it. Hilarious when someone comes along in a real Carrera GT or Fezza and laugh their socks off as they recognise the fake or blast off into the distance.

K T M Rider

Awesome Nic, I could have written that myself.

Thank christ we've got you as club chairman and not Mr. Kittipun   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I have tried to stay out of the appearance forum in my 2 1/2 years on here because about 90% of what people seem to want to do just spoils the car in my opinion   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   and I find myself wanting to comment on it less than favourably shall we say.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  I'm not sure I even like 'style' bars   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

To the OP - if you want a fairly outrageous bodykit have you considered the GT300 option ? Looks pretty flash and exotic to my eyes but still true to the car underneath it IMO.
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

paulsutton

Quote"I have tried to stay out of the appearance forum in my 2 1/2 years on here because about 90% of what people seem to want to do just spoils the car in my opinion   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   and I find myself wanting to comment on it less than favourably shall we say.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  I'm not sure I even like 'style' bars   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  "

..I have to say I agree...apart from the style bar bit!!!!!.(although i have to admit i hated the TTE style bar when i first saw it!)..i tend to be more in favour of lighter/subtle mods such as the Toyota/TTE stuff...
pre-facelift silver | recon engine   | SP12 wheels   |  hard top OFF | custom hard top cover | air con | pre-cat free  | che header  | facelift new red cloth seats/doorcards  | Toyota heated seat kit  | TTE twin  | TTE style bar  | rear facelift inserts  | facelift rear lights  | rear spats  | facelift front bumper | roadster luggage | toyota ducktail spoiler | facelift side vents |
Other cars - Suzuki GV1600 softtop with removable hardtops | Nissan 2.2 tdi X-trail

aaronjb

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"
Quote from: "StuC"

Then they have to accept that life isn't perfect, obviously it's only my opinion and everyone has their own needs and drivers so there is a market for these "things". I just find it all rather sad, but if they're happy ... get on with it. Hilarious when someone comes along in a real Carrera GT or Fezza and laugh their socks off as they recognise the fake or blast off into the distance.

I used to think the same thing.. but then by that note should I not be building a Cobra-inspired replica, but rather saving for the real thing?  s;) ;) s;)  Might take me a while to do the latter, unless I finally scoop a Euromillions rollover ;D
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

StuC

Quote from: "aaronjb".. but then by that note should I not be building a Cobra-inspired replica, but rather saving for the real thing?  s;) ;) s;)  Might take me a while to do the latter, unless I finally scoop a Euromillions rollover ;D

They are generally done to be as close as possible to the original build (barring essentialy suspension upgrades). It's not like you are going to stick a Ford 4 pot in it!! Which is what Nic is getting at, I think!
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

K T M Rider

Presumably you are not really dressing up another car, but rather you are building one from scratch with some bits you have nicked off  another car   s:) :) s:)  )

What I find sad about the former is that it is basically like saying a poxy MR2 isn't good enough, I want to turn it into something much ''better'' - almost an insult to the brilliance of the original design IMO.

AckersMR2

I think as soon as you change the lights then you've reached the point of no return, if you get what I mean. It's usually the lights which are the instantly recognisable factor on a car and on the roadster I think they and the way the body is sculpted around them is what defines the car and makes it what it is, from a visual point of view.
My only car is a Ducati 

carlclarke

I think that each car should be considered individually.

I read about paying £1000+ for brake upgrades and £4000+ for turbo conversions and I think why? Sure if you want to win races - but for street use and that promise of 'maybe a track day?' Equally I see those Ferrari MR2 body kits with fake brake components to hide the puny by comparison MR2 ones and I think why?

But then subjectively I see what some people have done and it can work for me. There was a thread, I think it originated on spyderchat by some Norwegian guy who has put so much into his MR2, nice wide bodykit, respray in darker grey, powerful engine upgrades - to me the car looks fantastic and even more importantly - it is giving the owner a lot of enjoyment.

Personally I think that replica kits are a bit sad, but then it is even more sad if your heart strives for a £150k supercar and you have an average income with high outgoings. Your replica may get snobbed-off by a real super car driver although I expect that most of the time you will get admiring looks from the rest of the public who think it is real and want a ride or a photo.

paulsutton

Screen Shot 2012-08-13 at 19.07.59 by paulsutt, on Flickr

how about this though??

MR2 Ferrari Dino 246 Replica (ok i know its the mk2!)
pre-facelift silver | recon engine   | SP12 wheels   |  hard top OFF | custom hard top cover | air con | pre-cat free  | che header  | facelift new red cloth seats/doorcards  | Toyota heated seat kit  | TTE twin  | TTE style bar  | rear facelift inserts  | facelift rear lights  | rear spats  | facelift front bumper | roadster luggage | toyota ducktail spoiler | facelift side vents |
Other cars - Suzuki GV1600 softtop with removable hardtops | Nissan 2.2 tdi X-trail

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"
Quote from: "StuC"It's as close as some people can get!

I used to think the same thing.. but then by that note should I not be building a Cobra-inspired replica, but rather saving for the real thing?  s;) ;) s;)  Might take me a while to do the latter, unless I finally scoop a Euromillions rollover ;D

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Aaron, now behave, you know that's totally different.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
You know you are building an original from the ground up that is a modern interpretation of the classic. It has the right shape, it has the right attitude, and the right engine (wibble your engine looked very tasty last I saw of it). Kit cars built with their own chassis are in a different league. Slapping copycat panels and bits to another car is just trying to fake yourself a lifestyle, I'm sure no one sets out to get themselves laughed at, but I wonder how the owners of the real cars feel about these things.

I have to say those kits look very well finished off, they're a credit to the people who have fitted them and the makers ... but they are just a pastiche.

That 246 dino is gorgeous, and probably more reliable than the original ... well done to the owner, it's still no Ferrari, it's still someone playing Cowboys and Indians.

K T M Rider

Quote from: "paulsutton"
Screen Shot 2012-08-13 at 19.07.59 by paulsutt, on Flickr

how about this though??

MR2 Ferrari Dino 246 Replica (ok i know its the mk2!)

I prefer it to this:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

aaronjb

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Aaron, now behave, you know that's totally different.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
You know you are building an original from the ground up that is a modern interpretation of the classic. It has the right shape, it has the right attitude, and the right engine (wibble your engine looked very tasty last I saw of it).

Only pulling your leg, really  s;) ;) s;)  Though I do acknowledge that the chassis I've chosen probably isn't quite as capable as a more authentic Crendon or Kirkham.

QuoteThat 246 dino is gorgeous, and probably more reliable than the original ... well done to the owner, it's still no Ferrari, it's still someone playing Cowboys and Indians.

They're a really nice kit - although I think they have some serious suspension geometry issues based on some of their website photographs; it looks like the front wheels no longer turn on their contact patch but rather scribe a large arc with the contact patch as steering input changes, which must lead to some interesting handling.. I presume they've significantly widened the front track with spacers for that to happen.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

mrzwei

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Actually looking again at those kits, it is very close to a complete Carrera GT.
I maintain my line with many of these types, if you want a Carrera GT / Ferrari ... then buy one.
I simply can't see the point in pretending you have one by dressing up another car.

In the immortal word of I forget who, 'You've been reading my mail!' It's like buying an Addidis tracksuit in Cyprus or a Rolix watch.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

porscheguy944

Ok I started this one
so now my "two bits"
American saying for two cents worth of opinion.

I think some people just have a different vision of what they think the car should have looked like if the were the leader of the styling team.

Remember the 1970's Toyota celiac
 m http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ica_02.jpg m

it sure looked a lot like a ford mustang.

m http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ustang.JPG m

Did this mean that it was a copy of a better more expensive car?
Or did it make the Toyota any less valuable?

I think people like to make the cars look more modern and edgy to their personnel tastes and in so doing are limited in what is out there for kits.........
I bought the MR2 because I wanted a car to mess around with and yes I did and do want to change the looks of it.....I think that Toyota did a so so job of styling it and that even they had body kits in mind for it when they made it because of the way the panels are set up to be removed and replaced so easily.
I happen to really like the Veil side kit the best........so far..............I do not like the kits that copy others cars Ferrari Porsche etc... more the looks of kits that enhance the MR2 into something more unique
My name is Roger and I am a gear shifting tire burning low flying High output Carbon aholic.......

Current rides: 1997 Lotus Esprit TT 3.5 L V-8 482 RWHP 2005 SLK55 AMG 5.5L 366 HP 2008 C63 AMG 456 HP

porscheguy944

m http://www.luxurypart.com/home/componen ... ac9e83.jpg m

Lp super warrento bodykit  
Price per Unit (piece): $7 000.00

Lp Super Warrento(997 edition)detail
-2 Lp Super Warrento headlight.
-1 Lp Super Warrento front bumper.
-1 Lp Super Warrento rear bumper.
-1 Lp Super Warrento Hood.
-2 Lp Super Warrento rear side fender.
-2 Lp Super Warrento front side fender.
-1 Lp Super Warrento front lip.
-2 Lp Super Warrento door fender.
-2 Lp Super Warrento rear hood cover.
-1 Lp Super Warrento spoiler.
-2 Lp Super Warrento side mirror.
-4 wheel liner.
-1 Lp Super Warrento Under DIFFUSER.
-2 Porsche 911 taillight.
-2 taillight holder.
-1 center console abflug style.
-2 Build in Xenon light.
-1 Rear spoiler 3th break light

ps. The Kit takes 1 month to process and 1 month delivery.

More pictures of kit here please go to this link.

simers

Ah lads... What a bitch fest... Sorry but IMHO each to their own... If someone wants to kit their car let them off...
A mate of mine is kitting a mk2 mr2 as a murcialago and it looks the exact same bar the power side... Wats wrong wit that like... My attitude is each to their own...
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

porscheguy944

Take a look at all of the choices the have in Thailand to choose from!!!
These must be a favorite car for them over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holey Cow!!!!

m http://www.mrsthailand.com/forum/index. ... c,4.0.html m

carlclarke

Quote from: "porscheguy944"http://www.luxurypart.com/home/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Lp_super_warrent_4e86230ac9e83.jpg

It's a good looking car, especially in those colours. If I was buying that kit the only thing I would question would be the size of the rear wing as it overpowers the nice rear styling. It may be an 'English thing' where we go for the subtle approach although seeing some 'rice' cars over here subtlety is not always the way   s:D :D s:D  

Reading this topic reminded me of a car many years ago, I owned a MG Midget and was at a country pub. I spotted what I thought was a 'kit car' based on the Midget as it had Midget doors, windscreen and A pillars. I very interested in it and I asked the owner where he got the kit from and he was instantly upset "It's not a kit car" and marched away.

Maybe you can see what I mean from the pictures below:

simers

Quote from: "carlclarke"
Quote from: "porscheguy944"http://www.luxurypart.com/home/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Lp_super_warrent_4e86230ac9e83.jpg

It's a good looking car, especially in those colours. If I was buying that kit the only thing I would question would be the size of the rear wing as it overpowers the nice rear styling. It may be an 'English thing' where we go for the subtle approach although seeing some 'rice' cars over here subtlety is not always the way   s:D :D s:D  

Reading this topic reminded me of a car many years ago, I owned a MG Midget and was at a country pub. I spotted what I thought was a 'kit car' based on the Midget as it had Midget doors, windscreen and A pillars. I very interested in it and I asked the owner where he got the kit from and he was instantly upset "It's not a kit car" and marched away.

Maybe you can see what I mean from the pictures below:

That defo looks like a kit car
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Tags: