How much for Toyota to code a key?

Started by Zonda_, November 30, 2012, 19:48

Zonda_

Only realised recently that my car should have a key with 2 buttons on it, I've only got the grey valet key. I've ordered a new blade and button key, how much will Toyota sting me to code it?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

SteveJ

Details are all on here how to add a new key - seek and ye shall save a fortune  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Zonda_

I've searched but I can't find a post that details how to code a fob with only the valet key.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

onion86

I'm not sure if you can DIY programme a key to the immobiliser without having at least 1 black key already can you? I'm sure there's some way to do it but that specifically isn't mentioned in the how to I assume you've looked at because that says you need to have 1 programmed black key first.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Zonda_

I think not, hence me asking how much the main stealers charge!

simers

Ctp charge I think 150sterling for the key and give details on how to do it... I could be wrong on that tho....

Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Tags: