Started by dcod, December 10, 2012, 12:50

dcod

My friend just bought one ... now it's my turn   s:D :D s:D  

£150
 m http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/alpine-c ... 34758.html m

£170
 m http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 65857#tab1 m

ALPINE CDE-W235BT CD TUNER WITH PARROT BLUETOOTH

Alpine CDE-W235BT double din CD receiver features a large, dual line LCD display and allows you to connect your iPhone / iPod or USB mass storage device via its handy front USB port. Built-in Parrot Bluetooth gives you hands-free operation of a Bluetooth enabled phone along with full phonebook access with alphabetic search.

In addition to hands-free operation, Bluetooth Plus offers many other convenient functions, including display of song, artist and tag information when streaming music, SMS text message alert, mobile reception and battery status information.

The front 3.5mm mini-jack AUX port lets you plug in for example a portable MP3 player or similar AUX source. The Alpine CDE-W235BT even let's you connect a Nokia phone via USB to enjoy and control its stored music through your car's audio system.

FEATURES & BENEFITS OF THE ALPINE CDE-W235R

CD Tuner with Parrot Bluetooth
Parrot Bluetooth
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Phonebook Download
Made for iPod / iPhone
Selectable Illumination
Front USB in and Aux in
50W x 4 & 1 Pre / Sub Out
Steering Control Ready
WHATS IN THE BOX

Head Unit
Power Cable
Microphone
Mounting Sleeve
Face Plate
Rubber Cap
Hex Bolt
Screws M5 x 8
Owners manual
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

StuC

I have looked at these before. Let us know how you get on with it.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

dcod

Quote from: "StuC"I have looked at these before. Let us know how you get on with it.  :-) :-) :-)

I will. All the reviews I've seen are pretty good. Sat in my mates car and it sounded great and he said it has very easy fittings on the back. Not sure if I'll buy in at halfords on the way home or save £20 and wait for it to be delivered.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

StuC

Quote from: "dcod"
Quote from: "StuC"I have looked at these before. Let us know how you get on with it.  :-) :-) :-)

Not sure if I'll buy in at halfords on the way home or save £20 and wait for it to be lost in the xmas post.

Fixed that for you!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

dcod

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

but I think it'll be by courier.

Two's Company

Does it have a seperate mic to mount near sun visor?

dcod

Oh dear ... just seen this ... £130! ... will have to check out the reviews on it.

m http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/pioneer- ... 37055.html m

dcod

Quote from: "Two's Company"Does it have a seperate mic to mount near sun visor?

Yes, I think it does.

StuC

Quote from: "dcod"Oh dear ... just seen this ... £130! ... will have to check out the reviews on it.

m http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/pioneer- ... 37055.html m

Personally I have had both Pioneer and Alpines in the past and I would pick the Alpine over the Pioneer.

dcod

The Pioneer does seem to have some issues. Mainly with the dimmer ... that doesn't dim   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   oh, and build quality.

m http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uGbO8erDuX ... eviews-tab m

StuC

Quotecontrols suck, menus suck, extremely bright, doesn't properly work with droids.

Don't think this chappy is too happy about the Pioneer

dcod

Quote from: "StuC"
Quotecontrols suck, menus suck, extremely bright, doesn't properly work with droids.

Don't think this chappy is too happy about the Pioneer

My eyes say Pioneer but my head says Alpine.

dcod

... and I can see why people need the dimmer working ...

[youtube:1yxfubou]RrpUiznDV1M[/youtube:1yxfubou]

StuC

Perhaps you need a trip to Halfrauds to have a play with both of them.

dcod

Quote from: "StuC"Perhaps you need a trip to Halfrauds to have a play with both of them.

Think I'll go for the Alpine. Everything works as it should, sounds great and I prefer lightly old school. Bling doesn't really interest me.

StuC

!!WINNER!!  
 s:-D :-D s:-D    s8) 8) s8)    s:-D :-D s:-D

AckersMR2

I don't know about whats available in double din units but i've got a JVC radio/cd/Bluetooth/iPod single din one and in the 4yrs I've owned it i've never used the CD player  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I certainly wouldn't buy one with a cd again.
My only car is a Ducati 

dcod

Ordered.   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

With the £20, I saved from not buying at Halfrauds, I'll buy my wife some outdoor led christmas lights for the front garden ... just to keep her sweet   s:D :D s:D

dcod

Quote from: "AckersMR2"I don't know about whats available in double din units but i've got a JVC radio/cd/Bluetooth/iPod single din one and in the 4yrs I've owned it i've never used the CD player  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I certainly wouldn't buy one with a cd again.

Have to admit I haven't used a cd for about 8 years.

AckersMR2

Quote from: "dcod"With the £20, I saved from not buying at Halfrauds, I'll buy my wife some outdoor led christmas lights for the front garden ... just to keep her sweet   s:D :D s:D

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I did the same a couple of years ago, well I say the same, I bought an £8500 motorbike and the mrs a £150 discounted garden furniture set  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

dcod

So you got yourself a bike, your MRS some garden furniture ... what did you get your wife?   s:D :D s:D

dcod

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

StuC

Awesome!

Not sure if it will let you play the music on your desk though!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

GLC... really?

dcod

Quote from: "StuC"GLC... really?

I'm looking after it ... for a friend ...

[youtube:wu8d54os]Dx8CZyFM4b4[/youtube:wu8d54os]

DannyN

Can you change the glow colour ?
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Tags: