Alpine for £150

Started by dcod, December 10, 2012, 12:50

dcod

Quote from: "DannyN"Can you change the glow colour ?

Indeed

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

DannyN

Yay!  Been looking for one that will do Red to go in family car (Altea)
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

AndrewMason

GLC - saw them play in Wedgewood Rooms couple years back. Good gig, good laugh!
2002 Red. "Go-Fasta" stripes and matching wheels

loadswine

Quote from: "DannyN"Yay!  Been looking for one that will do Red to go in family car (Altea)
The Clarion units have a massive range of colour displays, seem to sound pretty decent too.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

AckersMR2

Quote from: "loadswine"
Quote from: "DannyN"Yay!  Been looking for one that will do Red to go in family car (Altea)
The Clarion units have a massive range of colour displays, seem to sound pretty decent too.
So do many of the JVC and Kenwood units.
My only car is a Ducati 

dcod

Decided to fit it this lunchtime ... an hour later (including a trip to Halfords) ...

I NEVER WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN! WHAT A PALAVA!

Haven't had any time to play yet but initial findings are ... impressive   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

StuC

Quote from: "dcod"Decided to fit it this lunchtime ... an hour later (including a trip to Halfords) ...

I NEVER WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN! WHAT A PALAVA!

What didn't go to plan?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

dcod

... I've never done it before ... it was  spiss piss spiss ing down so lack of space to move ... didn't have the best screwdrivers to get at the angled screws ... 3 muscles pulled ...

StuC

Sounds to me like you did pretty well, all things considered!  :-) :-) :-)

Have you already flashed your doors?

dcod

Not yet. Planning on doing that in SUMMER!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

StuC

Meh, where is the fun in that!

I remember installing my heated mirrors last years around this time. Swearing is so much better when your hands are frozen!

dcod

Quote from: "StuC"Swearing is so much better when your hands are frozen!

Changed my CV joints on my mini 1275GT in the middle of winter ... swearing was the least that happened.

Anonymous

Cant decide whether to pick one of these up myself....

i got a single din Alpine at the moment with simular features...

cant help but think a double din might look smarter...

Thoughts?

dcod

Quote from: "dj vinxy"Cant decide whether to pick one of these up myself....

i got a single din Alpine at the moment with simular features...

cant help but think a double din might look smarter...

Thoughts?

I'm loving it   s:D :D s:D  

Just setup the microphone and the inbuilt Bluetooth parrot works perfectly. After finding loudness switched off as default, I'm now find the sound fantastic   s:D :D s:D  

How about a picture of your single DIN?

Anonymous

Picture  s:) :) s:)

I think if i am gonna change my head unit then NOW is the time as im going to install my new center console which means once its in... its IN!

Rich

nathanMR2

I just replaced my Sony CDX RA 650 which wasnt cheap..

With a Kenwood KDC-BT92SD

I was shocked by the improvement of sound quality. Well worth doing your research   s8) 8) s8)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

StuC

That looks smart Nathan. Nice and simple looking, minimal buttons FTW.

dcod

Quote from: "StuC"That looks smart Nathan. Nice and simple looking, minimal buttons FTW.

+1

I love Kenwood styling.

Anonymous

Interesting,

Looks realy nice!

Same output as my head unit + the double din in question

onion86

I really like that Nath. I still like my Sony because I don't need a switch for the aerial and it was only £115, but it is annoying only having a 1 line display due to a CD slot that I'll never use.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Wabbitkilla

Nice .. it does red ... and it looks like it takes an SD card?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

onion86

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Nice .. it does red ... and it looks like it takes an SD card?
It does indeeed, has a rear USB too which's good.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Wabbitkilla

Amazon here I come   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

dcod

nathanMR2

Its got that many options on there i havent had chance to play with them all yet. It is however fairly simple to use. I was sick of all the cd's rolling around the car which are now scratched and jump anyway. My old stereo had an issue with the facia which im still trying to resolve or i wouldnt have replaced it.

This has a Parrot built in so connects to your phone by Bluetooth. This works fine for me with normal steady driving or at a stand still. My exhaust tone on the motorway doesnt help people hearing you on the other end  s:( :( s:(  standard exhausts should be ok. It does however upload your phone book each time you connect so you can call from the stereo rather than having to touch the phone itself

It has an SD card but it also has a USB which i can plug my iphone 5 into. This is fully controlled again by the stereo and seems to work great giving an even better sound than CD.

You can control the cross-over seperately which is handy.

Colour wise you can change the button colours and the main display again seperately to one of around 20 different options. Theres even a fetching pink colour in there   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

There was one odd thing about this stereo though   s:? :? s:?   I recently did the ariel window switch mod (with the help of Amer) and cut into a wire on the back of my Sony harness. The Sony harness didnt work with this stereo so i had to get another from Halfords (£18   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  ) when they are £3 from ebay so best to order at the same time if you need one. Oddly it would appear the amp remote wire also controls the ariel according to the handbook. The ariel now goes up once the stereo is on. I just need to find another wire that controls the ariel and cut into that. Oh one other thing.. the graphic EQ visuals dont seem to relate to the song playing in any way  s:? :? s:?  although this doesnt bother me.

I always assumed that the stereo itself would have little affect on my sub setup given that i have an amp feeding it. However this stereo has lifted the sub and it sounds far more rich. The whole setup sounds like it has more depth and richness.

I looked at alot of stereo reviews. For the money this seemed to give you a lot of features. What i did notice coming across reviews is that Kenwood often came out on top for sound quality alone and this was the only reason i started to look towards Kenwood. Ive always been a Sony person previously.

I got mine from Ebay worked out about the cheapest
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Tags: