Tow Hook Reflectors *updated*

Started by Slacey, July 11, 2003, 13:41

Slacey

With others asking, plus I want some myself, I have asked Pinmagic over on Spyderchat if he can get hold of some of these babies and ship them over to me - if he can, I shall be giving them away at JAE to those members who want some. If any are left over, I shall give them away to those who can't attend on the day. Should we find I run out, don't worry, no-one will miss out, I'll get more shipped.
And best of all, at no cost to yourselves!   s:D :D s:D  Consider it my way of thanks to the help I've had from all of you   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

The reflectors have arrived! (Thanks to Mongo & led_boy on SC)
As I said previously, I will give these away to JAE attendees first, then ship what's left to those who request them that couldn't make it. I have a couple of names on file, I will be back to you guys in a few days   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Errr wow, that's exceedingly generous of yourself.

I'm definately interested (just been out to check I've got holes to put them in).

Anonymous

Very good of you!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Just had a PM back from Pinmagic, he is going to get me some (if they still do them) today, so I should have them in time for JAE!   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

very nice of you dear  boy   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

dancarbon

What a generous guy you are  s:!: :!: s:!:  

DC
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

That sounds great, but I shall not be able to attend JAE due to prior commitments.....can I e mail you my address for a pair?

Thanks for your efforts and for responding to my other posting....

This is a great community!

Andrew

Slacey

Andrew, I will give out what I have at JAE (although there are now complications with actually getting them in time   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) and what's left I will gladly post to those who want them. If I run out, I'll get some more, so don't worry about missing out!
PM me your address and I'll sort some out for you after JAE   s:D :D s:D  

Sean

Slacey

After what seemed to be doom & gloom yesterday (it didn't look like I was going to get any), our American friends have come through in fine style, no less than three of them got packs for me!   s:D :D s:D
They are now on their way from the states, so fingers crossed I should have them in time.
Also, there are 4 in a pack, 2 red and 2 yellow - not sure of anybodies colour preference but it will have to be first come, first served, with the guys at JAE getting first dibs, but as I said before, if I run out I'll get more shipped.

Anonymous

I'd certainly take a couple of red ones, PM me if you get any more and I'll send you a SAE.

Ta!

--H--

Anonymous

Just figured out that these do not go on the 03 model...DOH!

Thanks anyway for the offer, you are a star

Slacey

Quote from: "cstevens"Just figured out that these do not go on the 03 model...DOH!
Do they not? Bugger!
Sorry guys, I didn't realise, still you could have some anyway and stick them elsewhere (they are adhesive)!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Cool...he says all happy again   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Cool...he says all happy again   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

At least there will be something to tell out cars apart Craigy-boy... you will have nasty orange reflectors stuck somewhere on your '2 and i wont!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"you will have nasty orange reflectors stuck somewhere on your '2 and i wont
Hey! I (and others) went to a lot of trouble to get these!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Hey! I (and others) went to a lot of trouble to get these!

hay, nothing personal mate - nice of you to do it for the guys... just reminds me of orange side repeaters... nasty... IMHO of course!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I figured out that there are two little holes on the pre-03 model, and the reflectors fit nicely in there, and they look quite good.  

As you can see on the 03 model we dont have the holes

Anonymous

Where is the rear tow hook on the '03 model then?

--H--

Anonymous

Craig
Looks nice and sunny when you took that photo, but the roofs up !!!
Whats going on there ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"Where is the rear tow hook on the '03 model then?

--H--

I was shown this at the weekend... the black plastic bit on the <edit> sorry left </edit> of the grill just pops out... same place as the pre '03 i guess, just covered up.

Anonymous

Slacey

Yes please, I'll be at JAE on Sunday.

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "LouieB"Craig
Looks nice and sunny when you took that photo, but the roofs up !!!
Whats going on there ?

This was 1 hour after the delivery of our 2.  It was the 13th of January.  I took roof-up and roof-down pictures, its just that this was the best photo of the rear and lack of reflector holes.

Slacey

See update on first post....

Anonymous

A hearty well done and thank you!    What a star, and thanks to our US friends on S-C!

Andrew

Otherwise engaged so can't make JAE  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Chris

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "Hardcore"Where is the rear tow hook on the '03 model then?

--H--

I was shown this at the weekend... the black plastic bit on the <edit> sorry left </edit> of the grill just pops out... same place as the pre '03 i guess, just covered up.

Just browsing some old messages, and thought i'd follow up on this - there is actually a tow hole behind both right/left panels on the 03, but iirc the manual states that one of them is not suitable for towing!!??   s:? :? s:?  so why put it there?  s:? :? s:?     s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: