Lightweight battery

Started by Zonda_, January 1, 2013, 18:32

Zonda_

I want to get one for mine partly to save weight and partly as I'm mounting the air intake where the battery is now.  There seem to be a few different types available,  I want one that is going to cope with day to day driving and some seem to imply there are not up to that,  only starting a race car and nothing more. Can anyone show me what they went for and where they bought one from please?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

dj2k21

You want a red top gel battery. Demon tweeks sell them but I usually find stuff I like on their site and type the product in on google shopping and buy it cheaper there lol. Very good battery. You can cut them in half with a chainsaw and nothing happens. I moved my battery to the front and its spot on

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Zonda_

I'd like to move mine to the front but my mechanical ability doesn't stretch that far!
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

dj2k21

Its not very difficult mate. Its just like changing ur battery but u just fit it in the front instead. Of course you will need a battery relocation box but that should come with all the cables and terminals etc to move the existing wires to the front of the car instead.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

steve b

Varley red top, I have a kill switch in the cabin so no drain from the alarm or stereo, I'm told they are not much good in the winter if you leave your car from more than a few days without a kill switch.
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

trickyD

How much weight do you save with one of these?
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

Tags: