MK3 Leather Options

Started by Alex Knight, June 3, 2004, 13:51

Alex Knight

Hi guys.

Just thought I'd formally introduce myself. I'm Alex Knight and I work for Toyota GB in Portbury,  Bristol as a leather trimmer.

Me and a colleague have decided to start trimming leather in our spare time and have decided to start on MK3 MR2s.

At the moment we are just gauging interest, and if many people would want a leather kit retro fitted by us.

We are only doing the MK3 MR2 at the moment, and there is a vast choice of colours, and mix 'n' match colours (ie: Red outside edge, and Black inside). Basically, we can do whatever you want.

The kits themselves consist of both front seats, and both door panels.

I am just sorting out a price at the moment, but rest assured, it will be competitive.

So, if you would like, or are interested in this service, stick your name down so we can gauge some interest.

Many thanks guys.

Alex Knight.

MRMike

Quote me happy!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Have you got any pics of previous work?

Would you do the retrimming at your Toyota Garage or at home? The reason I ask  is would you have access to the MR2 stamp!

Also I don't want full leather, i'd ideally like black leather middles and red Aclantara suede on the side bolsters..possible???

Cheers,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Could be intested depending on price and quality......

Anonymous

Me too!

The right price and you've defo got a sale,

How about doing heated seat to boot, i think i read an aticle on how to do it on here or spyderchat, seemed easy enough.

Alex Knight

Just doing leather at the moment guys.

Errrm, as for previous work - just go and look at ANY MK3 MR2 with leather in it. There is a 50/50 chance I will have leathered it!

I do this, day in-day out for Toyota as my job, and I have been doing it for over two years now. There will be NO quality issues I can assure you.

markiii

so does that mean you can do the Roadster embossing as well?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Alex Knight

Ineed it does. It will come on all the kits that we fit.

Bongo

Very Interested...

Anonymous

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...NOW I am interested.............  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Alex Knight

Sorry guys, forgot to mention that the work will be carried out my colleagues workshop in Weston-Super-Mare, which is where we live. It is a few miles south of Bristol in South West England.

I am aware that Toyota Dealers charge £700 for this kit inc. fitting, and it will be safe to say that we will definitely undercut this price quite easily, although the price has yet to be finalised.

Anonymous

£100, go on.

MRMike

Sounds better each post! Still interested in full leather, primarily wanted suede on the bolsters to prevent the leather cracking getting in and out..no biggy.

So it will be the same leather supplier as Toyota? Sorry for all the questions but i'm getting excited!..but could you also do stitching as per the Audi TT IE baseball stitching..

[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Alex Knight

£100  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Errrm... Not quite that cheap mate. Tis a lot of work involved!

Anonymous

Another question, how long would it take? i'd be coming over from London you see...

Alex Knight

Yup, same supplier that Toyota use. Very nice leather indeed. Can't do the stitching on the seats as yet, although I could talk to our supplier and maybe try and see if we could do something similar in future.

As for how long. It will probably take around 4-6 hrs start to finish.

Liz

Typical, just after I get mine sorted!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   Nice offer though
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I would be very interested in a deep red for my silver 2!  Let us know the price and I will see if I am defo interested!

Alex Knight

Will sit down and work out a price with Andy (my colleague) tonight, so we should be able to let you guys know tomorrow.

Anonymous

You will probably have a full order book for the next year Alex by the looks of it.

Comer

Please hurry with the price   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    I'm currently in the middle of emails to buy a set of second hand seats].

When would you be in a position to start on any orders?
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Alex Knight

Fingers crossed, should be able to start taking order next week! Gotta jet now guys. Will be back online tomorrow (with a price hopefully!).  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

I would also be interested if the price is ok.....

kanujunkie

ditto as well, may be interesested for the right price.

would you do a straight swap for the seats as well. i.e. a newly covered set for the existing unleathered seats?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

if the price is rigth "then come on down"   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Dave, you are too young to remember that program surely?

Tags: