MK3 Leather Options

Started by Alex Knight, June 3, 2004, 13:51

Bongo

Can you do the leather arm rests like in Darth Paul's car?

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=51777#51777 m

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Dave, you are too young to remember that program surely?

i think we studied it in history   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Alex Knight

We could probably do the armrests and gear gaiter, but we wanna fit a few normal kits first and let people gauge opinion on our work.

Sorry, but we cannot swap seats around. We need to work on the actual seats from the car.

As for prices, our supplier is no letting me know on monday, as his boss is at the motor show, and as such un-contactable for today.

Sit tight guys.

heathstimpson

I would also be interested in the armrests when you look to start doing these.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I'd definately be interested if the price is right. I'd just be interested in black as per Toyota standard.

Anonymous

Any prices yet?  Pretty please...  s:D :D s:D

Alex Knight

Hi guys.

Supplier is being a bit elusive at the moment, and I don't know why.  s:? :? s:?  

I will give him another call now, and find out what is going on. Sorry for the delay guys, won't be long now.

Alex Knight

Right then guys, we have a price!

The price will be £580 fully inclusive of fitting.  s8) 8) s8)  

As I said, we can do a whole range of colours etc.

What do ya think guys?

markiii

I think leather is £500 option when new, and Toyota would be making money at that price.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Hows about a list of colours, or even better pictures?

Anonymous

Alex Knight

Well Toyota charge £700 for the exact same leather kit that WE fit. The kits are horrendously expensive trom the supplier. Believe me, we are making a very small margin on this.

This is factory fit standard for £120 less than Toyota charge. I'll leave it up to you guys.

Alex Knight

Oh,

and just to clarify things, Toyota charge £500 for standard black or red leather as a new option.

They also charge £700 for custom leather, which is what we will be fitting.

The stock red/black leather is very poor quality, and no where near the quality of the custom leather.

I should know, this is my job!

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Alex Knight"The stock red/black leather is very poor quality, and no where near the quality of the custom leather.

I should know, this is my job!
I don't mean to sound doubtful about your knowledge on the subject my friend, but my stock red leather seats withstand the tests of time and mileage quite nicely.  Over 18k and they're like new.

It also feels better than the leather on my previous car.  Seems pretty good quality to me (just about the only good quality item inside the cabin)...

Bongo

Quote from: "Alex Knight"Well Toyota charge £700 for the exact same leather kit that WE fit. The kits are horrendously expensive trom the supplier. Believe me, we are making a very small margin on this.

This is factory fit standard for £120 less than Toyota charge. I'll leave it up to you guys.

The problem is this:

Toyota charge £600 + £100 dealer commission so i'm sure you can get it a bit cheaper. Then you drop the car into you local Toyota dealer and collect it a few hours later.

To goto you would mean a 2-2.5 hour drive each way and a tank of petrol and then being in Weston while you fit the seats. That's about £40 onto the cost and 10 hours. Most people value their leisure time at more than £10 per hour and so the dealer fit feels better to them.

There's also the fact that Toyota would offer some form of warranty on the seats (maybe you do aswell, but it would still mean another drive down to you and more hassle).

Maybe you could try beating the supplier down on price?

Alex Knight

AFAIK, Toyota dealers CANNOT fit leather kits. It is a factory fit option only.

Btw, I have already beaten the supplier down. Twice. He will go no lower.

Believe me, we have VERY small margins.

Alex Knight

Basically, the crack is this:

We are doing factory fit standard leather kits for £120 less than Toyota charges. As far as I can see you have two options:

1. Go to Toyota. They will charge you £700 and bring your car to us at the Toyota GB Import Centre to have leather fitted by us.

2. Come to us. We will charge you £580 for you to come down to see us in WSM to have leather fitted by us.

Same result, same people doing the work, £120 difference.

We cannot go any lower on price. If we did, it would start costing US to supply and fit your kits.

If you are still interested in a custom leather fit, please PM me.

Anonymous

Anonymous

£580's out of my price range, especially when you add the cost of petrol to get over there.

Alex Knight

Guys,

I regret to inform you that, due to unforseen circumstances, we can longer offer this service. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

May I also take this opportunity to renounce all links, past present or otherwise, with Toyota GB Ltd.

Anonymous

Mmmmm  seems like Mr T isnt happy , not surprising really I suppose all facts considered

Anonymous

Spooky,

Right, what we need is some dye and a couple of cows, whose with me?

Anonymous

I've known a few dogs in my time  s;-) ;-) s;-)  but cows?  you've got me there matey  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"Mmmmm  seems like Mr T isnt happy , not surprising really I suppose all facts considered

It would seem he has a definate dislike to moonlighting...

Shame Alex had to lose his job over it though.*

*As I gather from the 'renouncing all links' part.

Tags: