Looking to get Wheels refurbished near Durham

Started by phils99, March 23, 2013, 10:48

phils99

Im looking to get my wheels refurbished and I just wonder if any of you guys who live near Durham can recommend a local garage who can do this?

I would prefer a garage rather than a mobile.

dj2k21

Not in durham but I highly recommend motorcool in stockton they are brilliant and take less than 24 hours to do for you.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Pavett1990

i have always said if your going to pay someone to to it anyway why not give it a go yourself 1st? £20 of spray and about a day bit of sand paper..

you cant mess it up that bad and if you do.. you were going to pay someone to do it anyway?

worth a go lol
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

dj2k21

Yeah thats true. Personally I do prefer a painted wheel to a powdered one. Ive done loads of gloss black wheels and they look much better painted as there much more glossy.

With powder ive found bolts can work loose. Especially on the rocker cover if u get them done
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Pavett1990

agreed.. i think a painted finish looks much better.. give it a shot.. thats the best thing with wheels the worst you can do is get runs?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

phils99

thanks for the tips guys...I may give it a go...but I think I really want powder coating.

Pavett1990

Quote from: "phils99"thanks for the tips guys...I may give it a go...but I think I really want powder coating.

if powdercoating is what you want go get it powdercoated pal.. i just put the idea out there  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Zonda_

There's Romax in Stockton,  great results but they're always busy.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

stewart@boro

Got mine done last month at motorcool in Stockton, you couldn't go wrong
Just got them done in silver(keep to the standard look) but you can get any colour you want

Was in saltburn today, bloody freezing
TF 160 TTE exhaust and style bar and other shiny bits.
Replaced by an Abarth 124 Spider

Zonda_

Yep,  I've lived here for 38 years and not known it this cold.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

stargazer30

SEM in Southwick Sunderland.  £50 to £60 per wheel depending on the finish and the wheels come back better than new.  They loan you wheels to keep you on the road while they do yours too.  They do a full tyres off job.  I've used them 3 times now over the years, A1 result each time.

PS DIY style is not easy to do right and its hard work if your wheels are badly corroded.  I did my winter wheels last year, £40 on primer, spray and laquer and the finish lasted about 3 months   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Tags: