New interior light bulb!

Started by aki, March 28, 2013, 21:48

aki

So a first something i've done to the car, though minor I thought i'd share this!

I was shocked to see how dim the interior light was on the 2, first time I got in the car at night I thought it didn't have an interior light!

I've seen a straight festoon LED replacement on here before, but I thought I'd go one step up and stick a panel LED in its place, like this one:

The size is 22mmx 42mm, and it was a close fit within the lens:

Nice simple connection and I would say its about 10 times brighter than standard!

Like so:

Voila! Now I can see things in the dark  s:) :) s:)  

Annnnnnd.... if anyone is interested, I got an extra set which I will offer for free if you can come and pick it up! Oh the generosity  s:) :) s:)

StuC

Looks a nice install, well done on your first mod.

I'll take that other set off you and cover the postage... if you dont mind posting it.  s;-) ;-) s;-)   s:-D :-D s:-D
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

aki

I thought i'd put pick up because I couldn't be bothered to go to the post office!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

But let me see if I got any bubble wrap, and i'm sure if you can cover the postage it's yours   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I must warn you though - not sure when you'll get it! lol

StuC

You know you want to go to the PO really!  s;-) ;-) s;-)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

If you have a Paypal addy, send it over via PM and let me know the cost when you have sent it.
Shouldn't be more than a £2 or £3, might even round it up to £5 for your trouble!  s;-) ;-) s;-)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:-D :-D s:-D

Not in the biggest rush, so as and when convenient is fine. Thanks  :-) :-) :-)

aki

Couple of quid max I would say, don't be too generous! Will let you know when I've got some packaging for it & when i get my lazy bum to the PO! haha

onion86

Make sure you get a clear cover for it too, makes the world of difference over the smoked stock one!
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

aki

Didn't know there's an option for that?  s:o :o s:o  It seems to shine straight through the smoked lens though these LED's   s8) 8) s8)

Wabbitkilla

Yes, these are great I have done this myself and passed the spare onto another member and the work a treat. I've actually changed mine to red now, well because, I like red. It's like being in a u-boat on a torpedo run  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

He'll of an improvement though and highly recommended
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

loadswine

Could you share what you ordered please?  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Quote from: "loadswine"Could you share what you ordered please?  s;) ;) s;)

Looks like these Nige CLICKY

loadswine

Thanks Les.  s;) ;) s;)

roger

Quote from: "aki"Didn't know there's an option for that?  s:o :o s:o  It seems to shine straight through the smoked lens though these LED's   s8) 8) s8)

HERE   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

p3t3

Quote from: "onion86"Make sure you get a clear cover for it too, makes the world of difference over the smoked stock one!

Where do the clear lenses come form?
Any landing you walk away from is a good one!

AndyM

Click the link directly above your post  s;) ;) s;)
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

aki

Guys, I got mine off the bay but the same one don't seems to be there anymore!

Looking at the others - I think this one is the closest:

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Light-P ... 5ae8fb455c m

Be double sure to take measurements, just in case!

Anonymous

Quote from: "aki"Guys, I got mine off the bay but the same one don't seems to be there anymore!

Looking at the others - I think this one is the closest:

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Light-P ... 5ae8fb455c m

Be double sure to take measurements, just in case!

Just ordered  THIS from Amazon aki, looks the same and says.....................
Quote"Universal design. Be suitable to most kinds of cars Easy to install. Come with a adapters as the pictures show. Double side adhesive in the back, can be glued anywhere you want. Low power consumption and long using life."
so I'm hoping it has the correct fittings, I'll know when it arrives   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

loadswine

Looks like we'll be comparing notes then Les, as i ordered on e of those from there yesterday as well.  s;) ;) s;)

StuC

Aki - It turned up yesterday. Fitted it yesterday evening in the dark (just to make things interesting) and it didn't work  s:-( :-( s:-(

After some fettling with the bulb type connection points that it came with, I managed to get it working. The difference is like...

...night and day! I'll get me coat!  s;-) ;-) s;-)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Thanks for sending this through  s:-D :-D s:-D

aki

Glad you got it safe and sound stu! Don't you think it will be too bright with a clear cover?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: