Removing badges?

Started by Zonda_, March 30, 2013, 16:29

Zonda_

While polishing the car earlier the cloth snagged on the Roadster badge and snapped it   s:( :( s:(   As I'd been toying with the idea of debadging anyway this has given me more of a reason.  What's the best way to remove the badges without damaging anything?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Barney Bear

Dental floss in a sawing motion and lighter fluid to get rid of the glue think it was Liquidart gave the how when I de badged years ago   s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

cabbydave

Warm the badges up with a hair drier of heat gun before you try. If you get it right there will be no need for dental floss

Pavett1990

i used fishing line when i debaged my glanza.. dont however so what i did with my corsa...
after several cans of stella i thought it would be a good idea to debadge the corsa.. went out with a debit card used it wrong way around left loads of sticky stuff on boot.. then in my drunken state thought it would be a good idea to use the green scrubbing side of a dish sponge... s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

caused about £120 of damage and had to get bootlid resprayed

i have a pic somewhere i will search and get a pic up for you to see
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

origgs

Autoglym bug and tar remover works well to ease them off.

Tags: