Facia Plate to fit a Kenwood HU

Started by Anonymous, June 15, 2004, 11:21

Anonymous

HI guys

I'm a young man who's saved up and jus treated himself to a Mr2 roadster W-reg. in my old car I had a Kenwood Mini-Disk head unit and was wondering if any you guys on here could guide me through step by step on takin out the old double din sony unit and fittin my single din one. I know there's a lot of threads on here already how to do it but im still a little confused! phils fit looked good but then other ppl are sayin they used the autoleads facia although no shops seems to be able to find one for an mr2? anyways could someone jus go through step by step for me what i need to do for the best fit! thanks fellas

Anonymous

Rav 4 2000 Onwards should sort you out mate.

Here is an article with some instructions:

m http://www.euroroadster.com/articles/Sh ... acment.xml m

<krisclarkuk: edited to direct link>

Anonymous

Any other probs just PM me with the specific parts that you are stuck on and i am sure i acn sort ya out.

James.

Anonymous

If I was you I would sell the Kenwood and get this instead -

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4110 m

Oh and welcome!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"<krisclarkuk: edited to direct link>

I just noticed that, ya beat me to it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

na
na i dont really want a mini disk multichanger b'cos
1.it takes up room
2. im always swappin minidisks cos gt bored listenin to same one  for any period of time ha ha.

anyways thanks for ur input fellas

Anonymous

has no one else got any comments

Anonymous

Quote from: "baz41182"has no one else got any comments

The document in the second post seems to cover a step by step guide - about as best you will find. You could always come to JAE this year and get some of the lads to fit it for you.

Anonymous

so to put my last question to everyone!
what facia do i buy do i buy the toyota parts, the autoleads parts or some other make???

Anonymous

There is this really CRAZY   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  option on the site... its called a search button and looks something like this: .

Unfortunatly everyone seems scared of asking it any questions, but when you enter say, facia you end up with a whole host of answers to your wildest questions, like this for a start:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... ight=facia m

Using the posts in the list you will find out about the different adaptors, what people think of them, part numbers etc.

Enjoy

Kris Clark
MR2ROC Official Search Button Promoter   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

cor ur a funny f*cker aint u! i have read all the articles and they all contradict one another, and the ones that say to use toyota parts are a little confusing because as i stated when i phoned toyota they said they have no idea how to change to a single din because no models they sell have single din units and they not really allowered how to reccomend doing it using toyota parts

Anonymous

Hey mate - don't worry about it.

Just call toyota and ask for the following part numbers:

55521 -16030 : Tray / Storage slot
55423 - 17040 : Surrounding trim
86221 -52050 : Left hand spacer
86221 - 52060 : Right hand spacer

Then if you have any prob's fitting it PM me!!

James.

Anonymous

Quote from: "baz41182"cor ur a funny f*cker aint u!

Yup   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Funny f*cker with an admin button   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Quote from: "baz41182"i have read all the articles and they all contradict one another, and the ones that say to use toyota parts are a little confusing because as i stated when i phoned toyota they said they have no idea how to change to a single din because no models they sell have single din units and they not really allowered how to reccomend doing it using toyota parts

Thats cos Toyota dealers know very little about the roadster and changing bits on it... which is why you should listen to the guys on here as they know what they are talking about... so when they use toyota parts (like bigun has above) then it means they have done it and it works.

Anonymous

yeh but a few over ppl have private mesaged me sayin the autoleads facia is better, so im jus tryin to weigh up the pro's and cons of each method!
so im not an idiot, so dont talk to me like one

Tags: