Alarm beeping.

Started by andyroo104, April 11, 2013, 21:18

andyroo104

When I purchased my car upon checking the alarm function there was no sound/siren when alarm was activated,found the alarm siren to be missing so I purchased a used siren box,now upon fitting when I arm the system I get a beeping from the alarm siren that stops after about 12 beeps.This happens when I arm and disarm the system,also when I trigger the system there is still no sound but indicators flash.
Does the siren battery need to be charged by being left fitted for a while ?
Would the replacement siren be compatible with my alarm/ecu or would it need to be paired somehow?
I have searched these problems but not really found the answer,any help please.
Thanks in advance.
Andy.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveJ

It thinks either the doors, the engine lid or the frunk lid are open. Most likely the switches are missing or not connected for the engine lid / frunk.

andyroo104

But surely the alarm siren should sound when the indicators flash once I trigger the alarm.
Andy.

SteveJ

Not if it never arms itself because the sensors (and I include switches in that definition) aren't working!

It's beeping you to warn you of this status.

andyroo104

Ok thanks I will check all the sensors/switches tomorrow.
Andy.

Wabbitkilla

Mine doesn't beep when arming and disarming, it only beeps if a door, engine lid, or frunk lid are open.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Mine doesn't beep when arming and disarming, it only beeps if a door, engine lid, or frunk lid are open.

+1

Tags: