MDF speaker brackets

Started by amz91, May 7, 2013, 01:53

amz91

Been reading a couple of threads about installing new speakers a couple say about using mdf brackets others say about using factory fitted but had to use soldering iron :

Is there any way to get away from using the mdf?
Easier way to just use factory fitted?
Buy from anywhere?
Also sound deaden the door or the back of the door card, seen both but which is better?

Thank you in advance  s:-D :-D s:-D
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

AmeR

Are you planning on reinstalling the stock speakers at any point? If not, some people have gutted these out and mounted the speaker in to that.

As for sound deadening - grab some flashing tape from your local DIY place and put it everywhere you can. I did the inside of the door skin, the back of the door card and around the speakers. Very pleased with the results.

AckersMR2

You can gut the Toyota speaker mounts, there's no need to solder the connections, you can just cut off the original plug from the wires and attach some spade connectors to attach to your new speaker connections  s:) :) s:)
My only car is a Ducati 

amz91

6.5 18mm does that sound about right?
I know I need 6.5 it's just the mm that can change
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

Tags: