Dimmed LEDs when engine isnt running? help

Started by Anonymous, September 16, 2013, 12:39

Anonymous

Hi,

I have installed LEDs on both of my cars yet they seem to act differently.

On my new car, when the engine isnt running the LEDs are dimmed & even with the engine running their not that bright :S Yet when i plug the LED's directly into the terminal the LEDs are fairly bright.

On my old car, the LEDs were always really bright engine on or off!

Can any of you think of a reason why the new car might be behaving like this?

Thanks

Richard

Anonymous

QuoteThe battery itself provides other clues to whether it's on its way out. The first is age. If the battery is older than three or four years, start expecting problems. Second, take a look at your driving habits. Remember, short trips and long periods of inactivity will sap a battery's life. Third, take a look at the battery itself. Corrosion or stains mean you have a leak. If your battery is covered in a case or insulating sleeve, remove it every once in a while to see what's going on underneath.

Taken from HowStuffWorks

I can see a bit of corrosion stains & The terminals are quite badly covered in acid... might be looking at a new battery.

I might try my old car's battery in the new car - just to make sure its not the alternator!

nathanMR2

What type of bulb are you using in the dome light?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

Stock

nathanMR2

Id say you have them wired up incorrectly then.

I had my 'extra' LED's dim like that when i installed a 12x LED dome light bulb thats why i asked
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Tags: