Dash Clocks Bulb holder needed

Started by andyhull, October 11, 2013, 19:21

andyhull

Can anyone point me in the right direction of getting a bulb holder for the instrument panel ?  I opened it all up and one is totaly missing, and Im not sure if the ones I have seen on fleabay are the right ones   s:) :) s:)
a 2 is like a fine woman, sexy, charming, satisfying and worth all the maintenance  s]

spit

Is everything working Andy? If the missing one you're referring to is behind the tacho (around the 8 o'clock position seen from the rear, 4 o'clock from the front!), ignore it. They're supposed to be like that.

I think its only used for those with SMT gear indication.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

andyhull

thanks for that mate, yeah its that one   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   but now im left with another problem lol
Is the bulbs for the EML different to the ones in holders then ? because mine is still out after changing all the bulbs   s:? :? s:?
a 2 is like a fine woman, sexy, charming, satisfying and worth all the maintenance  s]

spit

EML light and a few others are mini-LEDs soldered to the circuit board. I'm hoping not, but perhaps you're the victim of a rogue. We had a guy a few years ago whose seller had decapitated the EML rather than fixing the problem.

I soldered in a super-bright orange LED for him and all was ticky-boo. Fiddly but do-able. Obviously, being a diode, it only works one way round. Once you've figured that out, chop the legs down and get the iron out.

Or, it could be that a lazy pikey dealer has just taped over it, in which case its a quick fix.

You'll need to unscrew the board from the housing to check that out. Worth confirming that its getting a voltage with IGN on before you go shopping.

Have a read-through here.

spit

*edit: here's a better link with piccies:  l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25043 l

Oddly enough, he was an Andy too. Perhaps you attract ruthless sellers!

andyhull

I am petrified something is wrong with the precat now !!! but I have not had any errors on the reader since changing the o2's and Maff, so hopefully the dreaded precat killer can be fixed before it does.
I still need the EML working though, even though I hook the reader up after every trip now lol
Are these diodes a standard fit? and can they be finger fitted to test on the car before dropping the iron on it ?

spit

Before hassling over that, get the circuit board out from the cluster and see what you're faced with. It might not require surgery. More likely its working and the EML icon is taped over.

If you've got a duff LED, chop it out. There's just enough clearance to mount something a little bigger. I don't reckon its worth messing with those tiny board-mounted jobbies. Voltmeter or finger-fit will tell you which way round to mount a new diode.

andyhull

Hi mate
You were bang on the money as per usual   s:D :D s:D   The icon had been taped over. Now I have cleaned all the bulbs and plastic lenses etc, it looks great   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  . Was gonna use LED's but not now, looks top drawer. Just gotta do the same on the heater controls now.
Cheers Ste
p.s that offer still on for dis arming the precats   s:D :D s:D

spit

Yay. Another thing to cross off your list Andy   s:D :D s:D  

Might see you at the 'pool lights on Monday if I can persuade my fuel gauge to point a little further north   s:( :( s:(

andyhull

eeek    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
I'm not gonna be able to make that trip Ste, daughter has just given birth to our grandson, and we driving up to newcastle sunday night till weds.  I knew I had forgot something   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  
ohhh well, grandkids first eh, but I am deffo gonna come down to see you buddy   s:) :) s:)   need to bring a few beers for you

Will update the blackpool thread now   s:( :( s:(

Tags: