Proflow exhaust few questions?

Started by Paulm280885, October 18, 2013, 10:41

Paulm280885

Hi
I have my car booked in for Monday to have a new exhaust fitted was wondering if anyone has used them if not take a look here and tell me what you think  m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROFLOW-STAIN ... 2a10ad4105 m
And also what is a sport cat and do I need one ?

Paulm280885

And what do they mean by cat back system ?

Jandaw

Cat back is an abbreviation literally meaning "after the catalytic converter"

Wouldn't have thought a sport cat necessary unless yours is on the way out. Can always be fitted later if you feel it's warranted.

Paulm280885

Ok cool so what do you think a good deal ? Do you knw much about them

Jandaw

Sorry don't have personal experience of Proflow but type Proflow in the search bar at the top as there's plenty of info there.

swampy_donkey

Let me know how it goes, I have looked at this system for a while.

Cheers

Rob
K&N panel filter - Markiii Pipe - TRD Style Bar - Chrome Filler Cap - Hard Top - Clear Side Indicators - Visor Plugs - Dev\'s Keyhole Covers - Silver Callipers - Pioneer DEH-4400BT + CD-SR110 - Red Leather Interior - Red footwell LEDs - Mud Flaps - Custom fit luggage - OBDII reader

Paulm280885

Ok I will do

swampy_donkey

Quote from: "Paulm280885"Ok I will do

Thanks, and good luck on Monday!
K&N panel filter - Markiii Pipe - TRD Style Bar - Chrome Filler Cap - Hard Top - Clear Side Indicators - Visor Plugs - Dev\'s Keyhole Covers - Silver Callipers - Pioneer DEH-4400BT + CD-SR110 - Red Leather Interior - Red footwell LEDs - Mud Flaps - Custom fit luggage - OBDII reader

Paulm280885

I'm at the exhaust centre as we speak went for the sports cat the guy talked me into it great deal too all in £425 can wait to hear her and I've just ordered a markiii pipe

cptspaulding

Damn... I'm getting too interested in this. read your post on Friday then took a drive out to a local custom exhaust place in the afternoon. Fortunately for my wallet they were closed (on holiday for this weekend apparently). V keen to hear how you get on. I read the posts on the Cobra exhaust too & from the reports there the Cobra might be a bit too loud for me to live with in an everyday car.
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Paulm280885

I'll get some pics up once I pick it up went for for a mid/sporty sound they were really good played me a few different sounds and had a choice of about 100 exhaust tips to choose from

swampy_donkey

Awesome! Can't wait to see/hear it!

Paulm280885

All fitted and I must say what a sound my s car makes knw and looks the business these guys really did a great job was too dark by the time I got home so couldn't take pics will get some up tomoz I'm so so happy with it

swampy_donkey

Quote from: "Paulm280885"I'm at the exhaust centre as we speak went for the sports cat the guy talked me into it great deal too all in £425 can wait to hear her and I've just ordered a markiii pipe

What's the advantage of a sports cat?

Paulm280885

The cells inside the cat are bigger allowing for the gases to escape quicker my old one was a 200 cell the sport cat is a 100 cell

swampy_donkey

Nice! Did they give you any expected performance gains? + will it pass an mot?

Paulm280885

Said won't see much performance just slight he said but my cat was on its way out anyway and they did me a really good deal said if I have it replaced at a later date would cost me 160 but he charged me just extra 75 for it so we'll chuffed

FGrob

Quote from: "Paulm280885"The cells inside the cat are bigger allowing for the gases to escape quicker my old one was a 200 cell the sport cat is a 100 cell
Are you talking about a standard cat when you say "old" ? if so they are a lot more than 200, also have you had your emission checked if they have fitted a 100 cell cat, could give you problems come MOT time or you will need to get it red hot to get it to pass. I had a 200 cell (which is the best compromise) fitted but always made sure is was red hot before MOT time.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Paulm280885

Said that to the guy and he said it would fine for mot as long as the car is up to temp he said any probs just bring it back you've got me nervous knw

Paulm280885

Mot is due next month and my garage said cat didn't have long left in it

FGrob

Quote from: "Paulm280885"Mot is due next month and my garage said cat didn't have long left in it
I think I would be tempted to take it in for a pre-check just in case it gives you problems.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Paulm280885

Think I'll give them a call tomoz and do that

swampy_donkey

Fingers crossed for you Paul!

Paulm280885

Jut spoke with proflow and it was a 200 cell they fitted my mistake that what happens when you do a 12 hr night shift and don't get no sleep still gonna get it emission tested thou

swampy_donkey

Phew! Good news. Looking forward to those pictures.

Tags: