security locks?

Started by Anonymous, July 29, 2004, 15:30

Anonymous

hey there, im just about to sign the papers for a brand new 2004 blue MR2 with all the bits.

I already have a crooklock that goes through the steering. But i was wondering what people thought of these. Also does the stearing lock (disc type) fit into the storage bays behind the seets.

ta

markiii

wouldn't bother. it's not going anywhere without the transponder key, short of a transporter.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

I agree with Mark, the only time I bother with a crook lock is if I go on holiday and leave it on the drive for a period of time, I have one of those that threads through the steering wheel with a flashing light on it. The car is not going to move without the keys, another security tip, don't leave the keys by the front door at night!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"it's not going anywhere without the transponder key, short of a transporter.

Then again, some amateur thief might not know it and breaks in just to notice it  s:? :? s:?  And it won't take many seconds from a pro to bypass that anyway, by...*better not say it out loud*  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

We have one too, and it is now in the boot of the Celica.  They are pointless on our cars as already been discussed.

To be honest, if someone wants your car, they will have it.  Our wheel lock has a really high rating, but that just means that it takes a pro about 13seconds to get it off!

Darth Paul

I've got the one that covers the entire wheel, though I use it rarely – only if I'm forced to park somewhere 'dodgy'. T'was expensive, but is the best one out there.

I keep it in the under-bonnet storage compartment. Used to keep it behind the passenger seat, but it's not too good for tall passengers as the seat has to be moved forward slightly to accomodate it.

IIRC it takes a professional thief around 50 (noisy) seconds to remove it.

Sure, get one. It's a visible deterrent for 'fortune' joy riders.

Anonymous

AT THE END OF THE DAY PPL IF SOMEONE REALLY WANTS TO STEAL UR CAR THEY WILL FIND A WAY NO MATTER WHAT!!

markiii

yep they could shout at it until it gives in and goes along quietly.

that was a gentle caps lock reminder   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "baz41182"AT THE END OF THE DAY PPL IF SOMEONE REALLY WANTS TO STEAL UR CAR THEY WILL FIND A WAY NO MATTER WHAT!!

Think thats what I said in my earlier post.

Tem

Quote from: "cstevens"
Quote from: "baz41182"AT THE END OF THE DAY PPL IF SOMEONE REALLY WANTS TO STEAL UR CAR THEY WILL FIND A WAY NO MATTER WHAT!!

Think thats what I said in my earlier post.

Must be an echo...I thought I said it as well  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Darth Paul...... you state that you put it in ur bonnet compartment.... does it fit in with the spare wheel or did you have to take it out???

heathstimpson

Quote from: "MR2Roadster"Darth Paul...... you state that you put it in ur bonnet compartment.... does it fit in with the spare wheel or did you have to take it out???
I would have thought that it should fit in with the wheel as well.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Darth Paul

Yep, it fits in with the spare, though I have hoiked it.

Tags: