radio wiring not working

Started by andys14, February 21, 2014, 15:41

andys14

hi,

my aftermarket radio has cut out, i assumed a fuse had blown. but all fusses are fine.

multi-meter says that the ignition feed is fine but the permanent power supply is not working.

i have inspected the wire as best i can and it seems fine.

any ideas what it could be?

(ps: i assume the only fuses are the ones under the bonnet and on the side of the console?)

andys14

ok, since everyone must be as confused as i am...

whats the next best/easiest place to take a permanent power feed from?

thanks, andy

AndyM

Not 100% sure but there is a box that looks suspiciously like it might house some more fuses in the back behind the battery. Might be worth a check in there too.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

pauls0212

on passenger side there are some more fuses, one for radio here, think its door open jobby
red 2003 standard so far

trevsmr2

Quote from: "andys14"hi,

my aftermarket radio has cut out, i assumed a fuse had blown. but all fusses are fine.

multi-meter says that the ignition feed is fine but the permanent power supply is not working.

i have inspected the wire as best i can and it seems fine.

any ideas what it could be?

(ps: i assume the only fuses are the ones under the bonnet and on the side of the console?)

There's 4 main fuse boxes
Under the bonnet, passenger side.
In the end of the dashboard - open the passenger door and you'll see the little flap door in the end plate of the dash.
In the engine compartment, passenger side by the battery.drivers side

also check the relay in the passenger side fuse box

m http://www.autofuseboxdiagram.com/5139- ... x-diagram/ m

if you want a wiring diagram, drop me your email address

andys14

thanks for all the replies, i have checked fuses in the engine bay next to the battery, although, as andym says, there is another 'fuse-box looking' box behind the battery against the fire wall. does anyone know if this contains more fuses, if not, what is it?

thanks

carlclarke

Quote from: "andys14"thanks for all the replies, i have checked fuses in the engine bay next to the battery, although, as andym says, there is another 'fuse-box looking' box behind the battery against the fire wall. does anyone know if this contains more fuses, if not, what is it?
thanks

As best as I can work out, the radio has:

A blue+yellow wire fed from a 15A fuse called RADIO1 which is fed from a 25A fuse called ECU-B1
A Grey wire fed from a 7.5A fuse called RADIO2 which is fed from the ACC relay (switched by the ignition to ACC position)

RADIO1 is Fuse 8 in the fuse box located in the engine compartment (ECU-B1 is Fuse 10 in the same box).
RADIO2 is Fuse 24 in the fuse box located on the passenger side at the end of the dashboard (open the passenger door to see it).

So check Fuse 8 and Fuse 24 and if they are intact then check that there is power to the fuse holder.

If Fuse 10 (ECU-B1) was blown you would also have no interior light.

Wabbitkilla

The box on the bulkhead contains relays for the engine ... nothing of interest in there for you   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: