Pre-03 Volume knob

Started by Anonymous, August 25, 2004, 10:53

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"I didn't drill a second hole like John suggests... just thread the cable through a couple of panels and then taped it to the back of them.  So only one hole to hold the remote on.

Where did you thread the wire then Phil? I couldn't see where if could go other than the back of the remopte itself. Hence the second hole.......

If you mean between the column panels, wouldn't they not fit together right, or am I getting you wrong?  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Tried finding a pic but have failed... so.  Have the remote mounted on the left side of the steering column.  The cable runs out of the back of it (ie. towards the front of the car.  if you keep going towards the front of the car you come to the gap between the steering column and the big bottom panel to the left of it.  I just popped the cable through that gap (removed the panel first).  Then I taped it to the back of that panel and ran through to the stereo (the bottom of the panel is right next to the stereo.

Anonymous

My car came with the Sony remote fitted and I've just taken it out (long legs). So if anyone wants one for nowt...let me know. You can pay the postage and packing though - I'm not that generous   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Gone in 60 seconds...

Anonymous

You've got to be quick in this game   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"Tried finding a pic but have failed... so.  Have the remote mounted on the left side of the steering column.  The cable runs out of the back of it (ie. towards the front of the car.  if you keep going towards the front of the car you come to the gap between the steering column and the big bottom panel to the left of it.  I just popped the cable through that gap (removed the panel first).  Then I taped it to the back of that panel and ran through to the stereo (the bottom of the panel is right next to the stereo.

Thats interesting.....I will have a look at that later. I never saw doing it like that. Mind you, not TOO bothered cos you can't see the wire on mine anyway, but would have been nice if I hadn't have had to drill the extra hole in the column........

Cheers for that Phil. Off to investigate.........  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"Cheers for that Phil. Off to investigate.........  s:? :? s:?

Gimme a shout if you can't see what I mean and I'll see if I can take a pic.

Anonymous

Ok, will do. Cheers Phil

Anonymous

What you want is a sony RM-X4S stalk controler,
I got one the other day from dabs.com £16.16 plus vat = £18.98 plus £3.00 for p/p = £ 21.98

you get the controler with a lead ending in a jack plug plus some sticky plastic stuff to attach it to the steering colum or where ever you wish to install it.
An the thing plugs into the back of the head unit passanger side back of unit. very simple to put in only took 15 mins..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Ok,

I've got the remote that Ork has very kindly supplied.

But theres no instructions on how to fit, my question is, on the mounting plate there are 3 small holes, i'm going out on a limb to say these are screw holes, so do i screw in with 1, 2 or all 3?

Secondly, theres no sticky stuff left on the rubber, but i reckon i might trim all that off anyway, either that or apply some glue to it. Has that been done before (trimmed, not glued).

Anonymous

I used only one screw, but then I did have the sticky backing plate. I have seen them done without this, so might be worth doing it with 3 small screws........

In your case, I would go about it the way you think is best.......

Tags: