Seat bolts?

Started by RubixRonnie, June 20, 2014, 23:50

RubixRonnie

Tried swapping my seats out tonight for the leather ones I got and what a knightmare ive had trying to get the bolts out
Never known anything so tight and nothing has worked for just one of those little  sbastard bastard sbastard s!
Anyway in lou of me rounding off said bolt or murdering it with a drill has anyone got any spares kicking around?
Thanks
Danny
Re-United owner of a beautiful Red 2000 PFL
Rather large sound system
Few extra bits and bobs
Smile machine!
VW Tiguan is the DD

jinxedkitten

Just M10 fine threads, not too long, should do it.
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

frogger

unusual for them to be too bad, have removed seats on many many MR2's without any issues.

If your not already, make sure your using a good 1/2" ratchet and socket. Personally I only use 6 sided impact sockets on everything too as there's much less chance of stripping.   Certainly don't go at them with ring spanners or adjustable.

I do recall struggling to remove some seat bolts with ring spanners a decade or two ago, struggling, then using a 1/4 ratchet, struggling but succeeding.

Everything is just easy when you have the right tools!

Of course you may already be attacking them with a 1/2" ratchet with a short extension bar and a good hex socket.......... and if so, ignore all of this........ but I just cant see how they wouldn't have come out if you were using them!

Tags: