New Hood fitted !!!

Started by ducatiross, June 22, 2014, 23:42

Anonymous

Quote from: "Davred"looks fantastic.
Got mine booked in with Ray for early September - waiting list growing !!!
Going for black for my Chilli red - Can't wait.
Got leather seats and they grip extremely well, can get a bit hot when you park in the sun for an hour though!!!

The deep,black of the mohair looks fantastic with the red, that's what we have (not an mr2) - it made a huge difference over the vinyl roof which tends to be dark grey at best

andyroo104

I really like the red mohair roof on silver and although I have a black mohair on my silver I am tempted to get a red now,love it.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard41

Quote from: "ducatiross"
Quote from: "Joesson"That looks VERY good. Having seen your old hood l'm sure you must be more than pleased with the difference the new hood makes.
No pictures of the hood down, does it fold earlessly?
I hope you make as good a choice for your new seats, which are now a must have to go with the smart hood!

The new hood doesn't have facilities to fold the 'ears' in - they just lay flush out the back. I decided I preferred this because I felt it would leave fewer creases and keep the hood in better condition when folded.

Can you post some pics at some point? Really don't like the look of the hood down with ears.

Mike G

Quote from: "andyroo104"I really like the red mohair roof on silver and although I have a black mohair on my silver I am tempted to get a red now,love it.
Agree with that    s:D :D s:D
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

Raptor

Have you any details for Ray? need a new roof myself and yours looks amazing and such a fab deal too!  :-) :-) :-)

Treboeth

Jack Smith Trimmers of Swansea Rear of 158 St. Helens Avenue Swansea SA1 4NQ 01792 461 022.

becky.carter

im all booked in with ray for mid september i cnt wait

tomaky

Boom! once got mine done got pictures of a few colours ill post some sort of hoods the lot thread.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

StuC

. & , are your new best friends Tom.  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

tomaky

Hows about you go ride yourself into the sunset.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

tomaky

I will be at Patricks meet now so ner
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Davred

The new hood doesn't have facilities to fold the 'ears' in - they just lay flush out the back. I decided I preferred this because I felt it would leave fewer creases and keep the hood in better condition when folded.[/quote]

Are you able to put up a picture showing how the roof looks folded. Am due to have new fitted in September, but don't want "ears"   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
W. Red. Black leather. Facelift wheels.Toyo T1R. Pre-cats removed. Matts TTE style chassis brace. 2003 facelift front brace, FK lowering springs, Dev keyhole covers, tte rear grille. Tanabe G-Power Medalion exhaust, JSpec nose badge, mongo's, front strut brace. Matt perf engine rebuild May 2014.

Joesson

The ear removal feature on the  OE hood  is actioned by the frame and a linking strap that is located in a fabric "tunnel/ tube" stitched into the fabric of the hood

I understand that the hood ducattiross had fitted reused the existing frame .
If you will be using the same Company for your new hood and you want to keep the ear removal feature I would suggest that what would be required would be a similar fabric "tunnel/ tube" to contain the original strap in the new hood.
I would contact the Company and ask the question beforehand so that they have time to consider what would need to be done.
With or without ears a new hood has to be better than a leaky one.

ducatiross

Joesson is right. Mine has ears as it doesn't have the fabric tie to the bars. If you want this, you would need to discuss it with the fitter beforehand, because I don't know if it would be possible. I'll try and get some pictures of it folded uploaded for you.

ducatiross

Right, finally got some pictures of it :

With ears , as it is if I let it fold naturally :-

Without ears, if I take 10 seconds to tuck them in as I fold it :-

So, you've got the choice of how you want it to look.

Anonymous

Either way the red is really classy!

tomaky

Starting to um and arrr at my decision to go blue ha its getting fitted tuesday, going to give him a ring today.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Anonymous

Blue car? Has to be blue!

moorx

Quote from: "tomaky"Starting to um and arrr at my decision to go blue ha its getting fitted tuesday, going to give him a ring today.

Why?  I think blue on blue looks great   s:D :D s:D

tomaky

Just my mind playnig tricks a think, the blue on black does look good aswell.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Mikeymead

From the pics that I have seen I think Stewart@boro's blue hood on his blue car looks great, dark red does look good on silver as well.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

tomaky

Aii the red looks spot on, im sure it will be fine  s:) :) s:)
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

StuC

Those are you only choices!

tomaky

Ha im trying to remember his fabric supplier there is a colour list on there ha.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

StuC

Personally I think the Red with the blue looks tasty. Dont think anyone else has it either.

Tags: