Speed pulse sensor wire/connector

Started by Anonymous, September 1, 2004, 21:21

Anonymous

Just purchased sat nav unit for a bargain price off e-bay.  One problem, however, - can anyone tell me where is the speed sensor wire located and what colour it is?  I need to connect the wire from the sat/nav to it.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

GSB

Drivers footwell area. You're looking for a purple and white wire...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks for that - can you confirm that I just have to splice into this wire?

GSB

Quote from: "Slynx"Thanks for that - can you confirm that I just have to splice into this wire?

Yep. Your sat nav will then be able to count the pulses going to the speedo, all you have to do is connect it and run the calibration tool on you sat nav when you're done
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Right then, had a look at lunch time.
Found a purple wire with a white stripe in a loom on the left hand side of the drivers foot-well, and a purple wire with white spots on the right hand side of the drivers foot-well leading into what looks like an ecu (red in colour).  Which one do I use?

GSB

Good question, I havent had a chance to connect mine yet... Probably the one with the stripe, but if you really want to be sure, this is how...

Lower the steering column height adjust al the way down.

grab hold of the instrument surround and pull towards you. The whole thing will come off in your hands.

Remove 3 cross head screws seciring the instrument pack to the dash.

On the back are 3 plugs, look for the one with a purple/white wire. With luck there will only be one wire like this!

Thats the kiddie, connect up, test, drive, dont get lost. Happy days.

Anonymous

Blimey! that was quick.   This is a good forum - doesn't any-one work, they're all on web sites!  Oh well to my advantage. Thanks for that, I don't know why I didn't think of that, obvious really.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

GSB

Dont quote me on this, as the source was in German, and my German is very very rusty.  But I'm told it's on plug C9, Pin 5, in the back of the clocks...

Oh, and BTW, I do carry out meaningful work during the day, but only when people are looking...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Ta, I'll check it out tonight and let you know for future reference

Anonymous

Removed cluster as described - easy.  Found only one purple wire with white stripe, and connected extension wire to it for sat-nav. Will connect up at weekend and hope it is correct!  I don't know if the plug is 'C9', as it is unmarked, but the pin number is '5'

Anonymous

All done.  Working fine.  Just to confirm that the purple wire with white strip is the correct wire  s:) :) s:)

Tags: