Black 2002 and 2001 MR2 - Tommy Zooms / Hachiroku track car build

Started by tommyzoom99, August 1, 2014, 13:25

tommyzoom99

Quote from: jvanzyl on September 25, 2018, 12:59
Ok here's my question- not sure if it's been covered already, but what power and torque are you guys running? And do you have any Dyno plots so we can see where it all sits?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

umm this is a tricky question you could probably debate untill the end of time, from the last rolling road it made 186bhp and about 152 torques. we gained 7bhp and 7 torques from adding 2zz injectors and a streetwerks bored out throttle body.

but i dont really believe what any rolling road says it gives a rough figure but it is based on so many variables like what % they choose to use to scale the at wheels figure to flywheel, what gear its done in what gear ratios you run etc etc ive been on a couple rolling roads with different results with the same car so im choosing to report the best result  :D

now if the result is correct or not is another issue, but the best way i look at it is real world tests up against known cars, for example a clio 182 with a few mods like exhaust and a fiesta ST etc which are 180bhp+ from factory and its pretty much a dead heat from second gear pull and into 3rd ect, my mr2 creeps away from both these cars, off the line the mr2 always has a advantage.

so read into that how you wish. my honest answer is i have no idea how much it makes

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Bernie

umm this is a tricky question you could probably debate untill the end of time, from the last rolling road it made 186bhp and about 152 torques. we gained 7bhp and 7 torques from adding 2zz injectors and a streetwerks bored out throttle body.

Mmm tempting might have to give that some thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

ad_car_08

So a standard 1zz, plus 2zz injectors and bored out throttle body = ~186bhp? That's pretty impressive/an eye opener!!  8)
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Call the midlife!

Quote from: ad_car_08 on October  4, 2018, 22:45
So a standard 1zz, plus 2zz injectors and bored out throttle body = ~186bhp? That's pretty impressive/an eye opener!!  8)
Backtrack to around page 41 and you'll see the list of mods to the engine build, slightly more than standard 1zz [emoji38]

60% of the time it works everytime...

ad_car_08

[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Call the midlife!

Quote from: ad_car_08 on October  7, 2018, 22:31
Still trying to find page 41  ;D
Sorry, my bad, that should've said "post" 41, if you're using Tapatalk then click back to the beginning of the thread and use the 10 post advance arrow until you get there.

60% of the time it works everytime...

tommyzoom99

HI all

bit of a update on the car, it is finally getting close to the point of MOT and driving. few small things to sort like alignment and stuff but should be on the road ready for the summer season and ding day

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Topdownman

Looking better than ever!

Liking the lightweight rear end treatment, very batmobiley (apparently thats not a word, but what does spellcheck know).
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

shnazzle

...neutiquam erro.

Chilli Girl

Well done Tommy, look forward to seeing it in the flesh at Ding Day! :)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

tommyzoom99

thanks for all the nice comments been alot of work but finally its almost there. looking forward to catching up with you all at ding day this year.  :D

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tricky1138

Looking great again.

Now no dinting this one! Dont think the ding man at Ding Day can sort that out!
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

tommyzoom99

a couple more pics MOT in 11 days  :D

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

StuC

Quote from: Topdownman on March 12, 2019, 18:44
Looking better than ever!

Liking the lightweight rear end treatment, very batmobiley (apparently thats not a word, but what does spellcheck know).

Minimalist I believe it's called.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

tommyzoom99

Hi All

Well a year and a bit rebuild is finally done fully legal and on the road took it for its first run yesterday, after driving a mondeo for a year i forgot how good these cars are...its been worth the work and wait.
Looking forward to seeing you all at ding day this year!

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tricky1138

Looks great again, but is it just me, or does such a similar looking car look odd with a different number plate?
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

tommyzoom99

Quote from: tricky1138 on April 29, 2019, 10:14
Looks great again, but is it just me, or does such a similar looking car look odd with a different number plate?

thanks buddy, it is a bit odd after so long with the car and now its on a different plate i still find it strange. We have done some mods to the outside as we now have side skirts a bonnet and rear spats plus its running pre faclift lights now, all be it subtle changes.

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tricky1138

Quote from: tommyzoom99 on April 29, 2019, 10:20

thanks buddy, it is a bit odd after so long with the car and now its on a different plate i still find it strange. We have done some mods to the outside as we now have side skirts a bonnet and rear spats plus its running pre faclift lights now, all be it subtle changes.

cheers tommy

Yeah noticed the PFL lights and the others too, but to me its just the number plate that makes it stand out to me!

Ever considered a private plate?

shnazzle

I do love what you guys do to a 2 :)

Dibs on a 2nd ride out, you know, to compare to how it was :)
...neutiquam erro.

tommyzoom99

Quote from: tricky1138 on April 29, 2019, 10:57
Quote from: tommyzoom99 on April 29, 2019, 10:20

cheers tommy

Yeah noticed the PFL lights and the others too, but to me its just the number plate that makes it stand out to me!

Ever considered a private plate?

It is a bit strange as it is basically the original car with a different plate, gonna take a while to get used to it, i have thought about a private plate maybe down the line at some point who knows.

cheers tommy

My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tommyzoom99

Quote from: shnazzle on April 29, 2019, 11:09
I do love what you guys do to a 2 :)

Dibs on a 2nd ride out, you know, to compare to how it was :)

Thanks mate, for sure mate, ding day here we come!!

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tommyzoom99

HI All

Been racking up the miles on the car this weekend, surprisingly nothing has fallen off and seems pretty solid all round, not bad for 2 amateurs in a garage.

Just needs a serious clean and polish now, anyway few pics from the welsh mountains and bring on ding day should be fun.

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Dudi

Car looks fantastic.

What's the front lip on it?

tommyzoom99

Quote from: Dudi on May 20, 2019, 10:55
Car looks fantastic.

What's the front lip on it?

thanks buddy, the front lip is made by a company called Luxury Parts. Not sure if they make them anymore i got mine second hand from a MR2ROC member

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Chriss

Your car looks fantastic.
When I went looking for a roadster I wanted a black one as I really wanted to do something like what you have done here, they look really aggressive when done like that, But I ended up with a red one which is still good but I will need to go in a different direction. When I had a Black Toyota Chaser I had something similar going on with that car.

Tags: