Engine Type?

Started by 2 of the left, August 11, 2014, 20:17

2 of the left

How do I find whether I have a 2zz or a 1zz ? All documentation + Vin plate states ZZW30(K)
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Mikeymead

Well they came out of the factory with a 1zz, so unless it's had a 2zz fitted at a later date then it probably has a 1zz.

Post a picture so we can see as they look different.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

dcod

Does the rev limiter come in at 6700 or 8200?

Does it have Yamaha written on the side of the engine?
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

2 of the left

Quote from: "dcod"Does the rev limiter come in at 6700 or 8200?

Does it have Yamaha written on the side of the engine?
Never pushed the plant that far so that a limiter need be employed!!- All I can glean from history is that this 2 was a Cat D and the rear bodywork has been replaced ( Wondering if engine was retro-fitted ) Vehicle registered with an 02 plate and engine sweet!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Will post pic tomorrow

AndyM

Quote from: "2 of the left"Never pushed the plant that far so that a limiter need be employed!!

You should give it a go (or rather just under the limiter)  s;) ;) s;)  The car wakes up after 4k.

It's more than likely a 1zz. If it was a 2zz I think you'd know/the seller would mention it! Look forward to the photo.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

dcod

Quote from: "AndyM"The car wakes up after 4k.
6.2k (lift - the wide awake club)

Quote from: "AndyM"It's more than likely a 1zz. If it was a 2zz I think you'd know/the seller would mention it!
+1
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Anonymous

What makes you question if you have a 2zz? I'm pretty sure you'd know!

bluesmoke

Isn't one sign the engine cover saying either VVT-i or VVTL-i?

2 of the left

Well here's a pic of the engine- Did take revs up to 7500 no limiter!!

MartinC

1zz defo.
Martin

Readers ride :- Martin's 2001 Roadster

2 of the left

Thanx!! It does astound me how Insurance underwriters write off vehicles or Cat D them> This 2 must have been sorted out and put back on road with original plant!!!! She runs perfectly and during the Summer months with top down the sound of this 2 burbling through the leafy lanes of England is a sheer joy!!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Tags: