The Mohair roof thread

Started by Mike G, December 7, 2014, 19:59

MisterK

Quote from: "bernie11a"
Quote from: "Topdownman"That was quick Bernie!

Looks good, I am glad you are happy with it.

Cheers Simon thanks for the "lowdown" helped me make my mind up !
If I ever need to change my roof I'd definitely go red.....looks brilliant.  It would match the red & black theme of my seats/interior really well.  I can see why you're pleased.
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

jvanzyl

Hey guys, what would a silver car with dark blue mohair look like?

Interior is black leather, but I've got the blue midship badges...

Would it look rubbish if you added in the blue side vents? TTE body kit?

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

shnazzle

Quote from: "jvanzyl"Hey guys, what would a silver car with dark blue mohair look like?

I think it'd look hot
...neutiquam erro.

Bernie

This stuff may well be worth considering

m https://youtu.be/A9-mR4eprQk m
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Topdownman

Not a fan of blue on silver personally. I would stick with black if it was me (with all silver bits!).

Dont listen to Patrick.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

jvanzyl

Quote from: "Topdownman"Not a fan of blue on silver personally. I would stick with black if it was me (with all silver bits!).

Dont listen to Patrick.
LOL.... Not sure if he's trying to sabotage me!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Bernie

Quote from: "jvanzyl"Hey guys, what would a silver car with dark blue mohair look like?

Not a 2 but for comparison

Readers Ride

jvanzyl

hmmm... thanks for this! Doesn't look too bad! wonder if the additional blue accents will push it too far...

The Other Stu

That doesn't look bad at all.
No Longer Here

Bernie

After leaving 3 days happy with the look with top down

Also GTechniq treatment effective

https://vimeo.com/182122604

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Readers Ride

Topdownman

Very nice, with excellent run-off!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

madman

Topdownman- what size are your alloy and tyre, looking to get a set

Topdownman

Quote from: "madman"Topdownman- what size are your alloy and tyre, looking to get a set

All the info is on this thread;

l viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57583 l

I do have an issue with what sounds like some undertray or arch liner scraping on big dips/ cornering on the right hand side which I havent been able to trace yet but I dont think its to do with the wheels/tyres with the 35 offset I went for.
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Slice

Another Swansea special:

As everyone has said, well worth the £290, 5am start, and the lecture on Brexit. Looks ace, and the 2 is now watertight and far less breezy.

Any tips on whether it benefits from any treatment, or just get on with it?

Topdownman

The price has gone up now apparently so they must be honouring the old bookings.

The roof as it is should be fully waterproof, I fabsiled mine for 2 reasons, beading and hopefully stopping dirt and mildew getting into the fabric and being hard to remove. It definitely beads better, not sure if it will keep it clean or not but didnt take long to do and you dont use too much fabsil doing it.
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

jvanzyl

I've provisionally booked in at Swansea for the 11th of March  :-) :-) :-)

Please note that this booking hasn't yet been discussed or approved by Snr Mgmt... that's due tonight, so all prayers appreciated!

keeper2611

How much is it now John? I've heard that it's gone up, but to how much? I know it will still be cheap and I'm amazed you've only got a 5 week booking slot! Best I book mine in.
2002 Red pfl being slowly modified

keeper2611

How much is it now John? I've heard that it's gone up, but to how much? I know it will still be cheap and I'm amazed you've only got a 5 week booking slot! Best I book mine in.
2002 Red pfl being slowly modified

jvanzyl

Hey  :-) :-) :-)
It's an eye watering £300... Yeah it went up by £10!
It's a bit strange because I was expecting a 3 month waiting list, but when I spoke to him this morning I actually asked for that specific date as I'll be in the area and Jack sounded like it could have been sooner if I wanted! Maybe it's the time of year?

I've asked for navy blue.... It's not a standard colour I know... I'm hoping it'll look good with the blue chicken badges and brake callipers.... It might not though....

The Other Stu

To be fair, he generally does most of the work outside. It's a fair weather kind of job.
Come March, he'll be rolling them in.

You really need to buy some blue panels and join the blue club :p

Have you seen the Grey / Silver one on Facebook? Special order apparently, but looks the mutts IMHO.
No Longer Here

jvanzyl

Quote from: "The Other Stu"Have you seen the Grey / Silver one on Facebook? Special order apparently, but looks the mutts IMHO.

I don't have FB... Could you send me a link or pic?? I'd love to see it!

The Other Stu

Ignore me. False alarm. It was a wind-up post.
Although I'm sure someone had one....

They're certainly available though. To be fair, they'll do whatever you like if you ask. He does special orders all the time and because he cuts and stitches the roofs himself, he'll do you any colour you like!
White one perhaps?
No Longer Here

mikek

My elise was silver with a blue ròof and blue seats. Looked great.
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

jvanzyl

LOL - yeah I did ask what shades of blue he did, and he said it was Navy blue or nothing! I'm a bit apprehensive about the fact that I'm going to get someone else's rear window... How would I know it works if the temp isn't right to test it before he puts it in?

And like if it doesn't work - would he be able to stitch a new one in there and then, or would I have to go back home to wait for another day... ?

The Other Stu

The quality of the window he replaced in mine was far superior to the one already in the car.
He tests them before stitching them together.
No Longer Here

Tags: