Headlight refurb and painting inside headlights..

Started by alanrees, December 22, 2014, 12:57

alanrees

Planning on returning my headlights over the Christmas break, opening them up and giving the plastics a good polish inside and out.

Whilst I'm doing this I'm considering painting the inside of the headlight in either green to match the main car body or in grey to match accent bits on my car.

What are people's thoughts, green , grey or no paint?

alanrees

Ps... My front window surround and wing mirrors are now grey too, not green as shown in the pic

StuC

Get a shot a bit closer to the car in the same orientation and I'll 'shop or for you. If you'd like?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Mike G

Are you talking the same grey as your rims ???
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

alanrees

Yes same grey as rims, roof, grills and vents.

Thanks stu I'll take s pic in the daylight tomorrow, cheers [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

StuC

Grey lamps with grey surround and mirrors

Green lamps with grey surround and mirrors

Just to give you a quick idea like.  s;-) ;-) s;-)

alanrees

Awesome! Mmmm I quite like the green look

Anonymous

I would say painted to match the bodywork.

alanrees

Here is a better pic to photoshop if you can stu...

StuC

I'll see what I can sort out for you later. In fairness the colour wont change that much for the grey option.

dkleese

I think the green could be too much, grey as your rims would look good.

Richard41

It's a tricky one, I would go with no paint.

StuC

Green lamps anyone?

alanrees

Cheers stu, food for thought

StuC

No worries.
I think it works well on green.

Mike G

Quote from: "StuC"No worries.
I think it works well on green.
Same here !! and a cracking shop Stu.
I just don't think the grey would look different enough from the black to be worthwhile ?
Just my opinion mind   s:) :) s:)
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

StuC

Thanks Mike  :-) :-) :-)

jinxedkitten

+1 for green here
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

Tags: