Sony stereo (2002) flashes "RESET" after battery c

Started by aaronjb, October 2, 2004, 16:16

aaronjb

Which is really groovy, except I can't actually turn the stereo on now  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Regardless of what you press, it just beeps a few times and flashes "RESET"

Handily, the Owners Manual refers to lots of different stereos - none of which seem to be the stock 2002 Sony stereo.. So, does anyone know how to resurrect my stereo, or will it have to wait till the car is next at Toyota?

Much obliged  s:) :) s:)

Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I may be wrong here.....but.....hasn't the stereo got a pin hole reset button on the front   s:?: :?: s:?:     If I am correct, press it.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"I may be wrong here.....but.....hasn't the stereo got a pin hole reset button on the front   s:?: :?: s:?:     If I am correct, press it.

Wonder who you learned that from?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Womble...

aaronjb

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"I may be wrong here.....but.....hasn't the stereo got a pin hole reset button on the front   s:?: :?: s:?:     If I am correct, press it.

No reset button on mine (phew, I'm not losing my marbles, then!).. But, it looks like what you need to do is hold down the "Off" button while turning the ignition on - stereo works again, yay!

Battery is down to 12.4V though, so it looks like I'll be doing it all again when I get a new batt, d'oh.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

StuM

Hi All,

I got this over the weekend after having the battery out.  The CD player had spat out the CD inside, and when I turned on the ignition and pressed 'CD', it flashed RESET and bleeped.   The suggested 'hold the off button' fix above didn't work for me.  

What did was turning on the ignition, pressing the Eject button, then turning the ignition off and on again.

Cheers,
Stu
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

kentsmudger

Quote from: "StuM"I got this over the weekend after having the battery out.  The CD player had spat out the CD inside, and when I turned on the ignition and pressed 'CD', it flashed RESET and bleeped.  

Had the same symptoms the other day and didn't know about the reset button combination, so I just pulled the battery connector again for a minute - Fine since.

(touch wood!)
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Tags: