original double din issues need help

Started by adeyk9, January 29, 2015, 10:52

adeyk9

okay so its been a while since ive used my 2 got into it the other weekend took it for a spin on private roads  s:) :) s:)  as the car was not taxed and m.o.t anyway long story cut short i cant seem to see a power on button anywhere. Im sure  the damn thing would normally come when i clicked md/tape cd or radio buttons but last night the radio was on. i pressed the off button and now the display lights up displaying the time but none of the buttons are doing anything!!! i know most people would change the double din but i like the retro fit so any help would be great also dont know if its to.do with how my sister lodged the tape/wire aux thingy majigg the wrong way now the tape icon is on and the time is displayed no other functions are working all started when i pressed OFF please help.

StuC

Fischer Price HU should come on when you press a function and go off when you press the tiny off button.

Is the "tape/wire aux thingy majigg" still stuck in there then?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Fin

Is it the one with 2 fuses? Mine had a separate fuse for the radio and the rest of it, iirc... Both in the nearside door pillar. Might be worth checking.
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

adeyk9

stuc as mentioned in your above post the cassette stayed in the tape slot but the wire came out in my hand. i will check the fuses also cheers Fin

adeyk9

dont know if its worth mentioning but my double din isnt a cheapy plastic one its the sony one with md and cassette cd and radio all in one has a 3 click bass switch

Markb

Bin....Halfords.....nice new double din Sony.

m http://www.halfords.com/sat-nav-audio/c ... car-stereo m

tubbytommy

i have one up for sale on ebay,just removed it for a bt one

adeyk9

thanks will look into purchasing that head unit if mine is kaput!

adeyk9

how much do you want for it? pictures? reason for selling thanks

Tags: