Rotrex 2zz Roadster - J03's Silver Shed

Started by J03, March 4, 2015, 16:54

J03

Fuel tank & underbody piping removed, nearly ready for the blasters  s:) :) s:)

And, here's my new beer drinking/star gazing spot.... Whilst I get high off the fuel vapours!

The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

J03

It's been a long slog but I think she's ready for the blasters   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

CrazySX

Good work bud! Are they going to be coming to you?

J03

Yeah mate, they run a haulage firm as well so are able to crane it onto the back of a wagon & run it up to their blasting setup.

Topdownman

You really are doing this properly!

Making good progress too.

Keep up the  good work.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

CrazySX

Quote from: "J03"Yeah mate, they run a haulage firm as well so are able to crane it onto the back of a wagon & run it up to their blasting setup.

wow! do you mind me asking how much they will charge to do it?  I presume you are only getting the bays and the frame etc done.  I would be nervous that they will damage the paint on the body.

I just realised its only 2 doors lol!

J03

Woohoo...

Jrichards20

Woo! Should come back all ready to be rebuilt  s:) :) s:)  What a great sight. This is a proper build! Cannot wait to see it when its back. What was the plans for the colour scheme inside the engine bay once done?
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

J03

No colour scheme really, just standard primer & stonechip for now. Need to go up & discuss it with them properly.

The cheeeesey grin on my missus' face because it's gone, bloody bitch!

J03

Small update; The blasters are going to store the 2 until new year, when hopefully, I'll have some indoor workspace to start rebuilding her. The celica in the meantime will be heading over to Se7en in a few weeks to have the engine, supercharger kit & gearbox stripped out ready for the big transplant   s:) :) s:)  

So, that's me done for a few months to have some well earned rest & refurb parts ready for the rebuild. Might even have a crack at wrapping the bits which are off the car, I'm thinking an eggshell titanium finish would look mean with black wheels   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Oh & I picked this up yesterday as my new daily workhorse.....

CrazySX

Hahahaha.. not very nice to your mrs are ya lol!

Great news mate I am excited for you. Looking forward to seeing the  end result

J03

Quote from: "CrazySX"Hahahaha.. not very nice to your mrs are ya lol!

Great news mate I am excited for you. Looking forward to seeing the end result

Haha, bit of a running joke between us, imaginative verbal abuse until the other gives up laughing has become a bit of a post marital game   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Sometimes I forget it looks bad to others   s:D :D s:D  

And, to answer your previous Q above which I forgot to reply to, sorry, they're charging a couple of hundred tops for the blasting process. Primer, paint & stonechip is extra but won't break the bank. I've budgeted around 300 for the lot + storage costs.

CrazySX

Hahahaha! It's great that you have that sort of relationship. Some girls are very sensitive flowers.

That's a really good price! Considering they collect and deliver too. Just make sure they put a good zinc rich primer on if they are taking back to metal. I would also be inclined to put a epoxy based top coat on the primer and then stonechip.

J03

She's Indian/Yorkshire lass mate, a fiesty mix.

The stuff they use is applied to farm machinery so I'm happy that it's the real deal.

J03

The Celica strip down begins   s:D :D s:D  

J03

Forgot to add, 6 pot brakes from Rob988 as well, cheers bud.

CrazySX

Wow u are creating a monster  s:) :) s:)

Jrichards20

Do you know how much more they weigh than stock?
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

J03

I have the exact same spec on the Celica & at the time of fitting them, I recorded the below weights. Aluminium bells make a massive difference to the overall weight.

Caliper body only - 2.05kg
Caliper with pads, fixings & adapter - Just under 4kg
304mm disc with alu bell - 5.5kg

For comparison, an all steel 324mm disc weighs 11kg.

J03

Celica is looking very bare now, bye bye red beasty.

J03

BattleVersion arrived. Going to have to get this b*tch rebuilt soon, I'm running out space to hoard parts  s:) :) s:)

justinread72

Quote from: "J03"New wishbones just landed.

Where did you get these please ?

justinread72

Quote from: "J03"These looked like scrap a few days ago, got to love this Deox C stuff.

got some from looking at this post my its gooooood   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

J03

Nearly a year to the day since I bought the Silver Shed, so it's about time I started to get back in to this project.   s:) :) s:)  

She's been in hibernation over winter, stored nice & snug with the shot blasters. I had a call yesterday saying that they are now ready to start working on her properly, so I headed up earlier to assess a very sorry looking roadster. The bulk of the work should be done over the next few weeks, along with any finer paintwork etc. I decide to have done.

I also managed to sort out a small amount unit space today, so I'm a happy chappy   s:D :D s:D  

The part list is nearly complete, however I received these brand new rear calipers last week from nthorpey (cracking to deal with, cheers bud) Just nuts & bolts to acquire now, fun!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

justinread72

Good to see you back

I just put u pol raptor undermine its great stuff see my build way better than underseal . Thought I would pass it on as you gave me Deox c and TCB parts so thanks

Tags: