Rotrex 2zz Roadster - J03's Silver Shed

Started by J03, March 4, 2015, 16:54

J03

Cheers pal, first time I've had a read through yours. Some cracking progress! Looks to be in much better overall fettle as well. I really did buy a pig   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

justinread72

Quote from: "J03"Cheers pal, first time I've had a read through yours. Some cracking progress! Looks to be in much better overall fettle as well. I really did buy a pig   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

thing is I getting a new house I hope and with that comes more space and I will probably get something else ! I love rusty bolts  

the Upol Raptor is also avalible in a tintable version so you add any colour and spray it on so you can do silver if you need

KJPG

How much did the BV setup cost you in the end with all the import and transport costs?

J03

Came to £397 inc del with the 15% November discount. Parcelforce charged me around £40 costs when they landed.

Logan

Wow this is proper,nice work!

J03

Sprayed & cleaned up a few parts at the weekend. This might just be the turning point now  s:) :) s:)

I also noticed something interesting with the new Blueprint wishbones that I bought last year; Upon removing the "blueprint" labels, I found Toyota stickers underneath! So these are Toyota parts with Blueprint labels over the top   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  These were £55 ish per side online. At the dealers they would've been what, circa £300 per side? Bloody scandalous   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

CrazySX

Great progress bud. Your car will be the cleanest on here when done. Can't wait to see the shell all cleaned up  s;) ;) s;)

That's a bargain for the wishbones! Is it the fronts you are referring to? I got my pattern ones from america (ebay) for about 100 quid. Do you have a link to the ones you bought?

J03

Yeah me too, just hope it lasts a good few year.

Sorry I got that wrong by a few quid   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I bought them through Amazon in the end  Subtotal: £127.88  Postage & Packing: £6.93  Since buying them I've seen cheaper elsewhere though.

They'll be the same as yours, Blue Print ADT38685C & ADT38685C. I just found it amusing that the genuine parts labels were covered over  s:D :D s:D  Just goes to show how much the dealers add on.

Bernie

Glad you hung on in there, you're doing a great job, keep the updates coming
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

justinread72

I looked at new wishbones but I have done the following

Powder coat 14 quid
New ball joints 20 quid
Whiteline bushes 64 quid
Fitting 20 quid
Not far of new but this way I get uprated bushes

J03

I considered refurbing, but they were in a state & I've heard of older wishbones fracturing before. It's an important part & I didn't like the idea of refitting previously corroded, 14 year old units.

I also don't want polybushes in any parts of the suspension setup, it'll be a road car & I need some impact to be absorbed.

J03

Bought some wheels  s:) :) s:)

tomaky

Verrrry Noiceeee.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

CrazySX

They look big!!! What size are they?

J03

Just 16s matey, I need 16 minimum to go over the front 6 pot brakes (so 15's were out) I originally wanted 15/16 or 16/17 stagger, but I've found that 17 looks far too big at the back. These will be shod with some pretty meaty staggered rubber instead.

I found the below pic for a bit of inspiration  s;) ;) s;)  That's the ultimate end game but these will put me on in the meantime.

J03

Think I'm going to need spacers  s:D :D s:D

justinread72

Quote from: "J03"Just 16s matey, I need 16 minimum to go over the front 6 pot brakes (so 15's were out) I originally wanted 15/16 or 16/17 stagger, but I've found that 17 looks far too big at the back. These will be shod with some pretty meaty staggered rubber instead.

I found the below pic for a bit of inspiration  s;) ;) s;)  That's the ultimate end game but these will put me on in the meantime.

I love that car two it's in my top 5 fav mr2s. I will have them arches one day

With your engine will be amazing. Nice wheels and agree 17s to big

Vin

If this Mr2 will be only slightly the beast your Celica was ... o boy , we are in for a treat .

HERRE

Hello Friend. Which is the mark of the spoiler ? Where, what you bought ?

J03

Well, she's nearly ready. Should be off the jig tomorrow & ready for drop off next week  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

J03

Should hopefully be starting work on this again over the coming weeks. Few more bits have been refurbed, the steering rack was sent away for strip down & refresh, plus I've been having a go at making my own brake lines  s:) :) s:)  

Might just get the engine swap done in time for next summer, with any luck!

Essex2Visuvesi

Anyone else jealous of the rotisserie?

shnazzle

Mmmm... Chicken.....

Really sweet build thread. That's detail for you
...neutiquam erro.

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Essex2Visuvesi"Anyone else jealous of the rotisserie?

yes very   s:D :D s:D  

this car is going to be great once its done, hats off to you J03   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

justinread72

Thank god you started again , it's been ages

Can't wait to see this build

Tags: