FL headlights

Started by CrazySX, April 28, 2015, 21:01

CrazySX

Quote from: "Gazbills"Daytime pics as promised.

looks so much darker now! Rather than a smiley pup! can't wait to do mine, might be a little bit of a wait before i do them tho  s:( :( s:(

Gazbills

Better front end pic. Got round to installing the chrome T20 bulbs.

What a lovely smile these cars have lol
2ZZ-GE converted 03, black, TRD bodykit + scoops, hardtop, Meister R coilovers,  TTE exhaust with sports cat, Apexi PFC + TTE style bar & Rota Subzero 16\'s

CrazySX

if you don't want to use your oven to split your headlights, then maybe use this cardboard box method!

m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNWTidkxcmQ m

I thought it was genuis! wish i had seen it before i split mine.  I used a heat gun and screwdriver  s:o :o s:o

saicab

Great tip mate

Reeflodge

Wonder what the black lights would look like on a Silver Facelift MR2?
2000 PFL Yellow MR2 Roadster
http://www.fredwoodman.co.uk

CrazySX

Quote from: "Reeflodge"Wonder what the black lights would look like on a Silver Facelift MR2?

I think it would be a good contrast.

Joesson

I think it would be starting to look like a Silver  PFL MR2!

mr9

Big bump of this thread, anyone ever do it on a sable grey car? I might give it a go soon as if I don't like it I might buy a new shiny set anyway.

steveash

I did this to my silver facelift. I'll try and find a photo.

steveash

As promised:

Splitting the lights isn't difficult but you need to be careful not to get the softened sealant on the lens as it gets a bit stringy like a freshly cut pizza! The chrome part unscrews. I scuffed the surface and used an adhesion promoter before painting. I'm thinking of doing the rear ones now too.

mr9

Quote from: steveash on January 13, 2024, 12:37As promised:

Splitting the lights isn't difficult but you need to be careful not to get the softened sealant on the lens as it gets a bit stringy like a freshly cut pizza! The chrome part unscrews. I scuffed the surface and used an adhesion promoter before painting. I'm thinking of doing the rear ones now too.

Thanks! Looks great - I picked up some dark grey paint while in Halfords so would maybe blend in.

Currently sprayong the wheels bronze so the lights will be a project for another day

Tags: