9,7 inch tablet too big or not???

Started by aleksandar, May 12, 2015, 18:07

aleksandar

Its just a test fit. Still thinking if its too big or not lol.

Audio comes from 3,5inch jack aux in radio. Have no bluetooth radio atm.

Ardent

too big

yiug412

May be I'm too short but would that block most of your view? Again its just me being short lol

Treboeth

Too big IMO.
Curious as to the police viewpoint on these installed in the top console?
Line of sight and all that.

Anonymous

Ridiculous - sorry, you did ask

pauls0212

I disagree, i think we need a picture from further back so we can see how much is being blocked, doesnt look too much higher than the binacle. Have thought about a ten inch screen there myself, about the same as having the front lid up.
red 2003 standard so far

aleksandar

Ill take a pic from further back. Im 1,75m in lenght. tall - short, you decide lol...

I dont like 7 inch screens as its too small in my opinion....

I know the car isnt that roomy but still.... a big screen would be nice hehe

aleksandar

Ill try the iPad mini format. maybe it will be perfect

aleksandar

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Ridiculous - sorry, you did ask

no sorry lol. I ask for opinion and take them like a man lol haha

SuperArt

Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

stewart@boro

I used to put my iPad mini in the spot, perfect size just to wedge in with the addition of a plastic runner at the bottom

I did find this a bit intrusive to the line of sight(and Im 6ft) so have now moved on to mounts for the phone and iPad which take it lower.

The mounting bracket has changed a bit since that photo but you get the idea. Don't bother with the phone mount now as changed the head unit and its got bluetooth but still mount the iPad and use with OS maps when out exploring for decent roads.
The whole lot come off by undoing a couple of wing nuts under the cover
TF 160 TTE exhaust and style bar and other shiny bits.
Replaced by an Abarth 124 Spider

pauls0212

Quote from: "SuperArt"
Quote from: "pauls0212"Have thought about a ten inch screen there myself, about the same as having the front lid up.
Surely the lid was never intended to be fully propped up during driving, so it doesn't really support having a big screen there. Just a thought.

no but thats how I get my chips home when there are two of us in the car and it doesnt bother me with restricted view.
red 2003 standard so far

Eastsoutheast

Whilst I think it's too big it's only what the user thinks that matters! iPad mini would be the biggest I would use in that position. Jmho!

Spooky

Will come down to how anal the cop that stops you is on that given day  s:) :) s:)

It it's inside the swept area of the driver side wiper within 280mm either way of the centre line of the steering wheel you could end up getting a ticket, In an accident it could change the fault bias if it is believed it caused obstruction (I just asked a 22 year served traffic cop buddy)

aleksandar

Then I tried this

Mr X

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4"

My 7" one I had before used to sit on top in front of the cubby hole and had too remove it every time it had an MOT as it's a fail for view obstruction.
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

Tags: