My Black 2003 Turbo Build - CrazySX

Started by CrazySX, July 23, 2015, 10:59

CrazySX

So anyway, apart from the awkwardness of the job, the injectors are very easy to swap out. A lot easier than on my 200sx. Took me about an hour including cleaning.

I then moved on to fitting the induction kit. I removed all the old stuff and decided to clean the throttle body. Went from this:

To this:

To this:

To this:

I used most of the can of carb cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CrazySX

Then I spent ages faffing around with re assembling and positioning the induction kit correctly.

Then realised the screws that came with the maf riser wouldn't thread into my induction kit so spent ages looking for ones that would!!

Anyway.. end result:

CrazySX

So I put the fuses back in and started the car. It took a few goes and when it eventually started it was coughing and farting and stinking and smoking! That's what half a can of carb cleaner will do you!

Once it settled I took it for a spin and power is now effortless!

Idles real nice too!

Will stick some super in it tomorrow and see if it's any good.

Still needs a turbo badly!

Anonymous

That filter is gonna pick a lot of heat over here. Why don't you place it behind the battery Waiting for the turbo?

CrazySX

Quote from: "Baloo"That filter is gonna pick a lot of heat over here. Why don't you place it behind the battery Waiting for the turbo?
It was running a little hot and the maf mod didn't like it so went back to stock and sold it at 20 quid loss   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Yes this was only supposed to be a temp measure until turbo time. At least the injectors are all done   s;) ;) s;)  

Swan_Connery

I'm booked in for a map with my powerfc tomorrow. All going well my Emange blue will be up for sale if you're still interested mate.

Also, thought about battery relocation? That's my next mod to improve air into the engine bay.

Mark A

Who's mapping your PowerFC? Andy Forrest?

Swan_Connery

No. Chris at Dynatune.

CrazySX

Hey guys, haven't updated here in a while as I have been busy welding on the 200sx then my house refurb started.

In that time I have had some dents removed. Thanks to Simon for setting up ding day  s;) ;) s;)

Today I fitted one of these..

And got this coming in the post..

My pikey alternative to the markii pipe until the turbo goes on  s;) ;) s;)  

CrazySX

Also bought Mark's emb so now I have 2 lol!

Leethesparky

When's it all going together then Dan?
Anticipation and all that
MR2 mk3 2001 -- done some stuff to it.
My car thread---http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53643
My YouTube channel---- https://www.youtube.com/c/spyderlee

CrazySX

Hey Lee, at this rate never!!! Lol.

Went for MOT today and it failed on emissions. I think it's because of the MAF mod and the car running rich so CO and HC are through the roof. But after some hard revving there was also smoke coming out the exhausts not clouds but a little.  Oil burning I suspect. My plan was to turbo it next year. Might have to get a better engine, change it, then turbo it.

CrazySX

Ok so been a busy day. Changed the rear drivers side caliper, and rear discs and pads. Also fitted my braided lines!

Then bled all the brakes and fitted one way bleed nipples.  

Couldn't fit the front braided lines at the nut would not give. Any tips???

Also reverted back to 1zz injectors and scrapped the MAF riser. I think it was a waste of time!

CrazySX

Great news. All my hard work paid off. Got my MOT today with no advisories!!!

The brakes are so good now. Glad it was picked up at MOT.

CrazySX

Just a quick update for now..

Remember those cloudy yellow headlights that I rubbed down and lacquered?

Over a year later and here they are

As clear as the day I did them  s;) ;) s;)

CrazySX

Little update. Did this in the  spiss piss spiss ing rain today. They are mazda ones and had to be modified a little  s;) ;) s;)

jonty

Dials look good mate, what's the score with your engine and turbo plan timetable then?

CrazySX

Quote from: "jonty"Dials look good mate, what's the score with your engine and turbo plan timetable then?
Will be doing it this year. Just waiting for the weather to cheer up before I begin work. Got most of the bits.

Just had major surgery to do on the 200sx and a major house renovation last year lol

jonty

Yeah house and other projects get in the way! Keep us informed of progress, always helps inspire me to do stiff myself

CrazySX

Quote from: "jonty"Yeah house and other projects get in the way! Keep us informed of progress, always helps inspire me to do stiff myself
Have you seen my project thread on sxoc?  s;) ;) s;)  

jonty

Sorry mate, I missed you're comment, I went and found tour thread on sxoc but then got called away on parent duties before I had a look... Marked on Tapatalk though so I'll have a look when I have a chance!

CrazySX

Ok guys.. it's been a while but a few things have happened in that time.

New roof happened Saturday 5th August

Also had some slightly bad news..  I was made redundant from work  s:( :( s:(

However every cloud.. I am officially going to start the turbo conversion!!!

mikek

Sorry to hear about your redundancy but very glad to hear the turbo is going to happen!
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

CrazySX

Quote from: "mikek"Sorry to hear about your redundancy but very glad to hear the turbo is going to happen!
It's been too long! I had too much going on. Total refurb of my house and lots of work on the 200sx. Feel lame for having a thread  called turbo project hahahaha!

If you want to see some of my handy work with the 200sx you can have a look here.
 m http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=583688 m

mikek

Are you bringing it on Saturday?
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

Tags: