Roadeye Vehicle Tracking

Started by Anonymous, July 24, 2003, 17:06

Anonymous

If any of you guys are interested I work for a company that has recently developed a vehicle tracking system.

The system is called Roadeye, this system allows you to pinpoint your cars position 24 hours a day from a PC (via a modem).

You can set up 'fences' around you car so you know if it has been moved, and speed restrictions so you know if the car goes above a certain speed.

The unit can also store information over a number of weeks so you can see if the car has been moved while you have been on holiday (or while serviced etc).

You will be notified via a text message, and the unit can be armed or disarmed from your mobile.

Its a new product which has just been launched but it will be a market leader. It is Thatcham approved ect.

I should be able to get an MROC discount if anybody is interested.

Check out the website for further details:

w www.roadeye.co.uk w

Anonymous

Looks interesting.  Just out of interest, what role do you work in at the company?

Anonymous

It does look good - now just what sort of deal could you get us!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Do you have to pay a yearly subscription or anything?

Anonymous

No, there is no yearly subscription.

Phil: The roadeye company is a subsiduary of the company I work for, which is an engineering consultancy. The roadeye unit has been developed by a number of the engineers 'in house' and the roadeye company has been founded to market this product. I'm a senior consultant with the parent company.

Level of discount would depend on the numbers etc.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lee"....this system allows you to pinpoint your cars position 24 hours a day from a PC (via a modem).

Humm, so you install a modem in the car... How long a cable is supplied?
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

Sounds an interesting concept - but is the only way that you can find out where the car is by connecting to a PC? So if you were away from a computer and your car was stolen, you would know where it had gone, but not necessarily where it is?

Some of you know that I work for the Police in the control centre and we have dealings with Tracker. They call us when a vehicle has been stolen in our area and/or either that the police vehicles with Tracker devices fitted get a signal from a car that has been stolen and the signal activated. We call Tracker with the code number that the police cars are picking up and they give us the vehicle details.  The police cars then use triangulation to get a position on the car, we ring tracker and get them to boost the signal from the stolen vehicle and they tell us what area they are getting the signal on, the success rate is really good and the cars are normally tracked down and recovered. If your system could be linked to police controls which would have a computer that we could follow the vehicles progress in real time on our maps that would be great.  We have a decoy car which has got this sort of system in it and when it is moved we can watch its progress on a map, is that something that your company are planning to integrate with Police controls?

Sorry, lots of questions!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

The system contains GSM and GPS devices, so you can 'live track' the vehicle from a PC.

If the car was moved outside the limits you set you would know that the vehicle had moved, but you would need a PC to know exactly where it is.

The system works throughout the UK and most of europe and is extremly accurate.

There are plans to integrate the system with police controls.

Where this system differs from tracker is that YOU can see where your car is whenever you want (provided you have a PC at hand) and the system has the ability to store movements, speeds etc, so you can see if anyone has been abusing your pride and joy in your abscence.

It is also transferable from vehicle to vehicle should you decide to sell the car.

Slacey

The system sounds pretty good Lee. I had the RAC Trackstar system installed when I bought the car, which cost £250, but there is a yearly subscription with this. I really like the idea of being able to track the car yourself though, that's something I wish Trackstar would allow.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I like the idea of setting your top speed - that way when you leave it at the dealers you will konw if they have been taking it out for a spin and flooring it... especially if you have your car delivered back to you!

Anonymous

You can set the top speed and/or the rate of acceleration, so you can see if they been flooring it but staying below your top speed.

darrenjuggins

Have we discussed how much ????

Looked on the site and it just says call or fill in a form ?

Once you have purchased the unit, is it Free to look at your cars activities on the net ?

be excellent for tracking your mileage,etc,etc.....

can you give us a rough idea of price without one of your people ringing us Lee ?

Cheers

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

As I recall the website said £699 or £799 depending on which of the two options you went for.  Gives you a rough idea I guess

Anonymous

Do you not have to pay anything for use of the GSM network?

J

darrenjuggins

Cheers Phil,

that will teach me just to surf the page, the price is on the specification page.

Looks good, if a little pricey... IMHO

Nice gadget, but my kitchen comes first  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Darren A. Juggins

darrenjuggins

Cheers Phil,

that will teach me just to surf the page, the price is on the specification page.

Looks good, if a little pricey... IMHO

Nice gadget, but my kitchen comes first  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"Nice gadget, but my kitchen comes first  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Sure, but I'm not sure it'd be much use protecting your kitchen?  I mean, who's going to steal that whole?   s:) :) s:)

darrenjuggins

Thanks Phil !!!!

How did you know mt kitchen was a whole  s;-) ;-) s;-)  LMAO
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

<edit>post edited as i found the answer on the web site....   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  </edit>

Anonymous

Lee,

Thought of a question... (seeing as you work for the company!)... it says you call your system from your mobile... how much does the call cost? Also, when you access the data, its says you need a modem rather than a ADSL connection, so if you have to call a special number, how much does that cost?

Cheers in advance!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

The unit has a sim card installed, so basically the cost of the call is equivalent to calling a mobile phone.

Each unit has a unique number and at present uses the vodafone network.

Anonymous

I see.... so that could mean that depending on how my network charges for calls, it could be something like 35p to activate and deactivate the system (assuming that the network would charge a min in advance). The unit is tracked by GPS though, so even if there was no signal on the sim card, the system could still track the movement of the car right?

So when you call from your home, are you actually calling the mobile or a 'call centre' type thing to connect to track your car?

(sorry for all the questions, but im really interested!)

Anonymous

You can activate/de-activate the system via a text message.

Yes, when calling from home you are calling the onboard mobile which will upload the position position.

Anonymous

AAHAHHHH, well thats would be good cos i get unlimited free txt messages   s:D :D s:D  

So when your tracking the car, its like calling a mobile.... hhhmmmmm.....   s:? :? s:?

markiii

so if the scroat that nicked it parked it in an underground garage your not going to get a signal are you?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Chris

one of the guys at bedford last weekend had a system like that (may have even been that one, didn't get the name) installed in his Noble, and had it set to text him whenever the car went over 100mph, iirc.

Trouble was, he didn't know how to turn it off, so got 2 messages per lap!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s8) 8) s8)    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: