My Sable 2005 MR2 - shnazzle

Started by shnazzle, August 27, 2015, 15:20

shnazzle

Just went out to fix the wiring. Didn't get far before the heavens opened.

Managed to take out the dashcam wire and the wiring for my reversing camera which I don't have and likely won't ever have again.

I left a twin wire cable that I pulled from the engine bay into the cabin that I used to power the reverse camera. Might need that again someday for a gauge or something. Un-earthed it and tidied it away near the ECU.

I was about to undo my open loop trick activation button so I could tidy that wire up under the console and under the carpet,but then rain happened.

Next is to put my ashtray/cupholder unit back in under the radio to hide all the lovely wiring. Tempted to take the DAB back out.
Tried it a few times and frankly I'm 100% advert intolerant.

Will need to rethread pretty much all bin bolt holes and use new bolts to get the door back on.
Then a good vacuum and wipe.
Inside of the windshield is hacky as well

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

There
...neutiquam erro.

2 of the left

Get rid of those cheap mats !! - Go to Mr T and get yourself MR2 replacements or change your footwear!!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

shnazzle

Quote from: "2 of the left"Get rid of those cheap mats !! - Go to Mr T and get yourself MR2 replacements or change your footwear!!!
I shredded the last OEM mat. Until I figure out what the hell Im doing,I'm not getting good mats
Might get so lovely rubber mats  s:) :) s:)  or do away with mats and carpet entirely haha
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

Changed the pcv. Was surprised how much oil was on/in it. Not dripping or anything but does show that a bit of oil does travel through there into the intake. Hardly the end of the world but another long-life maintenance piece done.

...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

Be interested to see what it does to your oil consumption?

shnazzle

Seeing as the consumption I did have is damn near unmeasurable... I doubt much  s:) :) s:)  

...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

LEDs out, replacement bulbs in.
Not worth it. Looks really funky and cool at night but a bit patchy and crap during twilight
...neutiquam erro.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "shnazzle"LEDs out, replacement bulbs in.
Not worth it. Looks really funky and cool at night but a bit patchy and crap during twilight
Is that the back or front of the panel? I've never had mine off but I've got no illumination behind the 30mph area so assumed the bulb was out. But if that's the front then there doesn't seem to be a bulb in that area at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

shnazzle

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"
Is that the back or front of the panel? I've never had mine off but I've got no illumination behind the 30mph area so assumed the bulb was out. But if that's the front then there doesn't seem to be a bulb in that area at all?

That's the back with all the plugs removed. It's a terribly easy job to do and a full set of 10 bulbs is 5.40 from your local Toyota.
Worth replacing them all for the sake of the effort.
...neutiquam erro.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "shnazzle"
Quote from: "Call the midlife!"

That's the back with all the plugs removed. It's a terribly easy job to do and a full set of 10 bulbs is 5.40 from your local Toyota.
Worth replacing them all for the sake of the effort.
Makes better sense now if the bulbs push through from the back, I'll add it to the list!

60% of the time it works everytime...

Justin.D

Are there 11 bulbs? What's the one on the far left in the pic?
Click for my Readers Ride

shnazzle

There's 10. Unless I've always missed one. The 4th from the left is empty.
...neutiquam erro.

Justin.D

Quote from: "shnazzle"There's 10. Unless I've always missed one. The 4th from the left is empty.
Thanks. I couldn't tell from the pic. I guess I'll be ordering a set and finding out for myself the 4th from left is empty   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Click for my Readers Ride

delhusband

Did the LEDs bulbs that you used to have in need any mod in order to work? (I mean, did the dimmer work with the LEDs - guessing possibly not - , and if not was it just a case of leaving dimmer at full?)
Hate pointy animals

shnazzle

Nope all worked fine. The only thing that's different is that the LEDs are polarity sensitive. And there's no indication of which way around d you need toy put it in. So it's a case of trial and error. Other than that, straight fit
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

As Simon (Mondo) already posted, as of 22/09/17 the car has a freshly retrimmed interior. I'm going to blatantly steal some of the pics and post here for logging purposes.

I'm really happy with this and the workmanship is seriously impressive. Not a stitch out of place.

One thing I really like is the "MR2 Roadster" embroidered into the seats.
There's some history to this.

Simon didn't have a good template, so I had to quickly provide one. Found a very grainy version online and a friend in the US kindly modified it to be smoother and in correct proportions.
There were some quirks on the "oadste" part of the text. The letters came out a bit cartoon-y and warped in the software conversion from grainy to vector.
I thought, it doesn't matter... The embroidery won't be that precise.

I was wrong... The embroidery copied every pixel of the logo.
But... I love it! It looks sweet and the little quirks in the letters are unique to my car. Makes it "mine".
...neutiquam erro.

Bernie

Looks great Pat love the steering wheel too  :-) :-) :-)
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

shnazzle

Thanks. The wheel is particularly nice indeed. It's a very nice place to sit at the minute.

Need some new mats,and then to finish this and some other bits:
...neutiquam erro.

MisterK

Quote from: "shnazzle"As Simon (Mondo) already posted, as of 22/09/17 the car has a freshly retrimmed interior. I'm going to blatantly steal some of the pics and post here for logging purposes.

I'm really happy with this and the workmanship is seriously impressive. Not a stitch out of place.

One thing I really like is the "MR2 Roadster" embroidered into the seats.
There's some history to this.

Simon didn't have a good template, so I had to quickly provide one. Found a very grainy version online and a friend in the US kindly modified it to be smoother and in correct proportions.
There were some quirks on the "oadste" part of the text. The letters came out a bit cartoon-y and warped in the software conversion from grainy to vector.
I thought, it doesn't matter... The embroidery won't be that precise.

I was wrong... The embroidery copied every pixel of the logo.
But... I love it! It looks sweet and the little quirks in the letters are unique to my car. Makes it "mine".

That looks great Pat and the logo on the seats has come out really well.  Like Bernie, I like the leather on the steering wheel - it really adds to the look.
When I got my seats done a few years ago by Harry at LSC I was lucky and he did the seat embroidery for me and it turned out exactly as I wanted.  I think mine was the last set he did, as has already been pointed out, the font used was exclusive to Toyota, or very close to it, so could have been questioned.

I must admit that the interior refresh was the best upgrade investment I've made to the car and I would recommend it to anyone.  

Your new interior looks excellent and as you rightly say, the font on your seat logo works well and is unique   s:D :D s:D
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

delhusband

Nice, love the stitching also, great work  s:) :) s:)
Hate pointy animals

Treboeth

In all honesty those seats look awful   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Out of the goodness of my heart I will Paypal you £50 to send them to me so you don`t have to have them in your car and I will hide them away in mine   s:D :D s:D  

Very nice and some damn fine work  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

rich_p

That is a really classy looking interior now.
Mondo has done some excellent work there, I've one of his steering wheels in my Celica and it's a beautiful thing, still looking good after 2 years of service!

I've been planning to have him do a few little jobs on my roadster at some stage too.

Mondo

Quote from: "MisterK"I must admit that the interior refresh was the best upgrade investment I've made to the car and I would recommend it to anyone.  

I agree with this completely, and not simply because it's my line of business. Any car, especially a convertible, will invariably be transformed by a new interior but for some reason it seems to be the one area that most people either ignore or spend the least on...

Which is strange as it's the one part of the car that they, as the driver, see the most of!
[centre]Hide'N'Seat Auto Interiors - bespoke leatherwork and interior refurbishment, hand-crafted in County Durham[/centre]

[centre]Website    ]Facebook[/url][/centre]

manos3003

Looks smart mate. Two things:

1. Those heat knobs could do with relocating. I've driven one like yours and I switched them on every time I changed gear  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

2. Keep those seats fragrant-free  s:P :P s:P
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

Tags: