Replacing bulbs in the instrument cluster.

Started by Wilky1974, September 1, 2015, 19:01

Wilky1974

Hi folks. I have a 2004 Facelift Roadster and a couple of days ago, for the first time, I drove the car with the lights on. I noticed that the illumination from behind the instrument cluster was a little patchy and that the bulbs behind the heater control were also out. After searching the forum I think I have found the correct bulbs and I am going to have a go at swapping them this weekend. However what I am not sure about is whether I should buy clear bulbs or whether I need to buy amber bulbs? Is it the bulb that creates the amber effect or is it just a clear bulb illuminating an amber filter. Any advice or suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Paul.  s:) :) s:)

Dougster7

All clear ones is what you need, maybe worth a look for some 2.3w bulbs as they brighten up the dash nicely, rather dim with the standard ones. There's a link somewhere on here for them, I got mine from a well known auction site
2ZZ by Rogue

Wilky1974

Thanks very much mate. Have been holding off buying some until I got a reply. Just ordered some 2.3w bulbs from eBay. Cheers Paul.

Dougster7

You're welcome fella. Well worthwhile little mod to do. I don't know where I'd be without help from the people on here....mind you they all keep coming up with 101 ways to spend more money lol.
2ZZ by Rogue

Tags: