Enabling Car Alarm Option

Started by Anonymous, November 26, 2004, 09:44

Anonymous

I was reading the car alarm manual which i got when i bought the car, one of the options was that it can lock the doors whenever you set off, this would be very handy for me when travelling about in Hull.

Does anyone have any idea how this can be done and if so can you let me know?

Cheers

James.

Anonymous

You need to speak to Toyota and ask them to enable the locking system. As they have a machine that plugs into the locking system to amend the thing that you want to do.

GSB

I've got it on my new '2... Its ok, except for the fact that it only works when you turn on the ignition and both doors are already shut. (i.e. If you switch on the ignition and then shut the doors, they wont lock) and its only a once per journey feature. The doors wont re-lock themselves until you turn off the ignition and restart the car. I'd have preffered a Porsche style one where the doors lock once you exceed 9mph, and dont unlock until you switch off the engine.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"I'd have preffered a Porsche style one where the doors lock once you exceed 9mph, and dont unlock until you switch off the engine.

Porsche!? My el-cheapo Seat does exactly the same.

darrenjuggins

Land Rover Discovery and Ranage Rovers have the same feature.

I tried making my Sigma alarm / immobiliser do it from the key pad but with zero results   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   gave up after that as I didn't want to mess it all up !

Doh !

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"I was reading the car alarm manual which i got when i bought the car, one of the options was that it can lock the doors whenever you set off, this would be very handy for me when travelling about in Hull.

Boy, James, you are having a bad time.  Has Hull got even worse recently then?

darrenjuggins

Hey up craig - you got moved now then, near worksop ?

Cheers

D
Darren A. Juggins

SteveJ

Quote from: "pmdye"
Quote from: "GSB"I'd have preffered a Porsche style one where the doors lock once you exceed 9mph, and dont unlock until you switch off the engine.

Porsche!? My el-cheapo Seat does exactly the same.

And my A3  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

And Fiat Stilo's.

Darth Paul

I have it on my car. And it relocks if I stop without turning off the engine. It's called my right index finger.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   Works every journey – it's a habit I've gotten into.

aaronjb

Lol  s:) :) s:)  I sometimes do that too (there are some dodgy areas of Slough) - I usually then embarass myself by forgetting and trying to get out...  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dreambackup

Quote from: "aaronjb"Lol  s:) :) s:)  I sometimes do that too (there are some dodgy areas of Slough) - I usually then embarass myself by forgetting and trying to get out...  s:) :) s:)
oh: this leads me to my stupid question... what happends when you do try to open your locked door (from the inside, uh)...
FYI, in France: passenger door (right door, here) won't work (you have to unlock it first, no way of pulling the tab twice or something like it), driver's door (left, then): will open first time you pull...

is it the opposite for you or what?  s:? :? s:?
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

aaronjb

I think it's the same drivers door opens, passenger doesn't, but I've not tried it recently - I always hit the button twice to deadlock it so that they couldn't just reach in and open the door - of course they could only do that if I had the top down, but it's a force of habit whenever I hit that button or lock the car  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Darth Paul

Press the lock button and the doors can't be opened from the inside. On my car anyway. Sometimes I can't remember if I locked them or not, and as the switch is not illuminated the only way I can tell is to try the door handle. At 70 on the motorway!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Um.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I have a habit of locking doors at home as soon as I get in and then re-checking them up to four or five times during the evening!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Just incase one of the kids or Bev opened them again...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

SteveJ

Quote from: "aaronjb"I think it's the same drivers door opens, passenger doesn't, but I've not tried it recently - I always hit the button twice to deadlock it so that they couldn't just reach in and open the door - of course they could only do that if I had the top down, but it's a force of habit whenever I hit that button or lock the car  s:) :) s:)

The deadlock is ONLY operated by the remote - there is no way to activate it using the switch inside the car.

To prove this, sit inside the car with the key out of the ignition and press the lock button on the remote twice, now try to unlock the door by rotating the lock button on the door - cant do it right? Now repeat this, but press the internal lock button twice - now you can operate the lock on the door.

heathstimpson

What Steve says is correct for safety reasons; you don't want your doors deadlocked after being trapped inside after a crash  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I don't know if your control box is different than my American spec but you can reprogram the car yourself to do all sorts of things.  Right now I have mine opening both doors at once with a single squeeze of the remote.  I have also turned off the automatic locking when you turn the ignition on.  Check out  this site for details.

m http://www.geocities.com/toyota_speed2003/index.html m

IRONDOG

Anonymous

Quote from: "Irondog"I don't know if your control box is different than my American spec but you can reprogram the car yourself to do all sorts of things.  Right now I have mine opening both doors at once with a single squeeze of the remote.  I have also turned off the automatic locking when you turn the ignition on.  Check out  this site for details.

m http://www.geocities.com/toyota_speed2003/index.html m

IRONDOG

That's very cool.  Our remote is different-looking though, built into the key.  Does yours look like the one on the site, or are these instructions common to the Toyota key and remote in one system as well.

Tags: