Heated rear screen

Started by winger, January 22, 2016, 19:22

winger

Hi All,
Just tried the heated rear screen to find it does not clear.I have found a twin cable in the driver's side storage bin but cannot find the cable and connector from the rear screen.I have followed it down to the base of the hood but then cannot find the route of the cable onwards.Before I owned the car ,at some point,it had a hardtop fitted and can only assume the previous owner did not/could not reconnect the soft top screen.Can someone point me in right direction as to the routing of the  cable please?
Regards   Neil

lron

There's supposed to be a connector somewhere in the driver's side bin. You may need to remove the plastic end and have a rummage around.

StuC

LINKY

Sounds like you have already had a rummage. I put together this how to for fitting a hardtop in the first pictures, it shows you where to find the connection for the soft top.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

winger

Thanks for the replies.I had used the search function but did not find your linky StuC.I will investigate further tomorrow.
Regards   Neil

StuC

No need to search for the link, it's at the top of my reply.  :-) :-) :-)  
Should just jump straight to it.   s;-) ;-) s;-)

winger

Thanks StuC,I meant in my initial search,did find your linky straight away.
Thanks again.
Regards  Neil

StuC

I did wonder if you meant that or not.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I hope your search tomorrow yields the result you are looking for.   s:-D :-D s:-D

winger

UPDATE
I removed the panel as suggested and found the connectors .What had been fooling me was that I had been looking for somewhere to connect the long lead that was floating around(not literally )in the driver's side bin when in fact it was the hardtop cable that was still connected.All now ok and working.
Thanks for your inputs.
Regards   Neil

StuC

Nice result.  s:-D :-D s:-D  
Well done for getting stuck in.

Are you going to fit a hardtop at any point?

winger

Thats highly unlikely.my other ragtop (MGF) never has its roof up unless its really raining hard.The only thing I don't like about the MR2 is the material that the roof is made of that makes lowering in cold weather a real p.i.t.a It may need a trip to Swansea at some point but the condition of the roof at the moment negates this
Regards  Neil

StuC

If you have a hardtop cable going spare then. Perhaps you'd consider donating it to the club.

Tags: