Heater Bulbs

Started by Barney Bear, February 5, 2016, 09:01

Barney Bear

Just incase anyone needs to order the 2 bulbs behind the heater controls
little green plastic with bulb securely fitted
part no    T 900 10-05124  £5.90 each plus VAT from Mr Ts  s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

Jock

Got a wee surprise when checking my heater bulbs   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

Having sorted my main dials I recognised the LED wedges but not the ribbon beasties and the behind the scenes "connections":

So a tad of weight loss:

The two green holders are the bulb holders with the bulbs replaced by red LED wedges.

MrT on Monday with Barney Bear part number   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Barney Bear

Pm me your address have some led ones that should fit

Jock

Pm sent. Thanks   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

StuC

are the bulbs in the heater panel the same as the cluster?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Jock

Nope.
The heater panel has two (Barney correct MrT wrong) which are larger in diameter.  The Toshiba v-2 holder is used in the cluster which takes a 5mm 1.2w   s:) :) s:)

Barney Bear

Will send first thing Tues for you
Would put them in the post tonight but doubt they would get to you any sooner   s:D :D s:D

StuC

Quote from: "Jock"Nope.
The heater panel has two (Barney correct MrT wrong) which are larger in diameter.  The Toshiba v-2 holder is used in the cluster which takes a 5mm 1.2w   s:) :) s:)
Are these the badgers?

LINKY

Barney Bear

No Mr T ones are a green base with the bulb hard wired into it   s:D :D s:D
T4.7

Or these  m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272104384303? ... EBIDX%3AIT m
I ordered the led ones but got fed up waiting for them to arrive and ended up fitting plasma dials instead
If you need two Stu pm me as I have another pair spare   s:D :D s:D

StuC

You have extra extra spares?
That is some planning.
Thank you.  s:-D :-D s:-D

Jock

Stu your badgers are too wee   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  
The Toshiba v-2 is the holder which takes a 5mm bulb or wedge.  The two for the heater, which Barney is referring to take a wider diameter bulb or wedge.  So Barney has bigger nadgers   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  
I am not sure if the OD of the holder differs because my clock's gone back, its wet and I'm scared of the dark - no bulbs   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Nunfa1

A note about the LEDs. I've fitted LED T4.7 in mine, the wire connection is a too thin so you need to bend up the wire that goes underneath and fold it back against the wire on top. This gives a better connection to the pcb.
The other thing to note, LEDs do not give off much light to the sides so the spread across the heater dials is not even. It's not a massive deal but it's also not perfect. That may be why there was some extra's behind your panel Jock.

Barney Bear

Bulbs on the speedo cluster are set in a little black plastic base and they are indeed wedge bulbs that pull out
Also aces stability on these is from the back of the cluster so no need to touch the front of the dials
Have some of to the wedge bulbs somewhere if needed
  s:D :D s:D
Stu pm your details and will put in the post for you

Jock

Correct Nunfa a misuse of LED's combined with bodged wiring.  For anyone thinking of doing this just look at the strips, all damaged melted and brittle.  Also loose wiring at back of PCB could have shorted the lot   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

Barney Bear

Led s In the post guys
They are the extra bright 3 light ones not single so may work better

I did have blue single led before the plasma and they worked fine but as said bit Tim but dim   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

StuC

Legend BB. Many thanks.  :-) :-) :-)

Jock

Thanks Barney   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Standard

I was just going to create a thread about my poorly lit heater controls...

What is the fix for this? Or am I in the wrong thread?

Jock

Hi Standard looks like the driver's side bulb has failed.  See first pic of mine above the bulbs were replaced with LED wedges.
Pull off the 3 dials and the knob on the air-vent slider.
Remove the two screws and you can pull out the facia and see the bulbs or possibly some mod (LED?).
To get at the bulb holders its 3 small screws and pull forward the PCB.  Watch out for the "passenger" plate or it will disappear somewhere   s:( :( s:(

StuC

Quote from: "Barney Bear"Led s In the post guys
They are the extra bright 3 light ones not single so may work better

I did have blue single led before the plasma and they worked fine but as said bit Tim but dim   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Bulbs arrived today. Many many thanks.   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Standard

Quote from: "Jock"Hi Standard looks like the driver's side bulb has failed.  See first pic of mine above the bulbs were replaced with LED wedges.
Pull off the 3 dials and the knob on the air-vent slider.
Remove the two screws and you can pull out the facia and see the bulbs or possibly some mod (LED?).
To get at the bulb holders its 3 small screws and pull forward the PCB.  Watch out for the "passenger" plate or it will disappear somewhere   s:( :( s:(

Do the bulbs not last very long then?

I'd like the dials to match the other controls. Is there much difference with the colour?

Jock

Depends what you mean by "long".  I am not aware of an issue.  Think in my case a previous owner fancied LED's and red ones in the heater and botched the job.
As for colour if all MrT bulbs then colours come from dials and bulbs match.  I have yet to fit the lights courtesy of Barney which are different so may give a different kind of white   s:? :? s:?  
This is a weekend job so will post results   s:) :) s:)

Barney Bear

Mine lasted for 11 years before one blew
Standard if you would like the last pair of LED ones pm me your details   s:D :D s:D
or you could go for plasma

Barney Bear

Hello Standard
got your PM and bulbs are in the post for you   s:D :D s:D

Standard

Excellent. Thank you.

Tags: