Heater Bulbs

Started by Barney Bear, February 5, 2016, 09:01

Jock

Bad news on the LEDs - they don't fit   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  .
The base of the bulb is not aligned with the top of the holder and it will not fit the hole   s:( :( s:(  .
Have replaced with MrT and all main dial bulbs and now lit up like a gin palace   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Barney Bear

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  sorry mate

Glad you got it sorted though
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

StuC

Managed to change mine tonight too. The holders weren't as easy to fit as the stock holders, based on them having a lower profile.

Got there in the end though.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Jock

Not a problem Barney   s:) :) s:)  unless your making these on the sly   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  
Be good to get a pic from StuC to see the effect and I'll try to compare.
Standard will be on edge now   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

StuC

I had in mind to take before and after pics as I thought it would be a simple fix. I'll try and get an 'after' shot tonight at a similar time for comparison.... If i remember.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Standard

Quote from: "Jock"Not a problem Barney   s:) :) s:)  unless your making these on the sly   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  
Be good to get a pic from StuC to see the effect and I'll try to compare.
Standard will be on edge now   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

So these are the wrong ones? Damn. Can't believe how quickly they came in the post either (thanks again). I'm just glad I found out now before I had the dash in pieces.

I will be keeping an eye out for an update!  s:? :? s:?

Barney Bear

they fitted mine sorry guys but then again could be an odd one as MrT insisted i would only need one bulb not two  s:) :) s:)

Jock

Ok dark out there   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  
This is a pic of the different holders with MrT on the right as you look:

You will see the issue with the bulb base and holder alignment.

Pics taken in dark and no flash sitting back in the seat with standard bulbs fitted:

I like the "standard"   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Barney Bear

Mine are different then as they are green not black the MrT ones that is
  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Jock

I'm not black either   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   .  I suppose all look alike in the dark   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

This with flash:

skidmark

One of mine is out, need to pop to Mr T to get one.

Also, the bulb in the heated rear window switch doesn't work, does anyone know if that can be replaced ?
I did try and pry it apart but felt like I was going to break something.

Thanks
Mark

Tags: