2004 headlights

Started by alancdavis, January 8, 2005, 23:01

alancdavis

What is involved to fit the new style headlamps from a 2004 model into a 2001 model....these new lights look a lot better but what mods are needed,,,wiring,,fitting points etc,,,,,finaly any idea of the cost to do so,,,,,comments will be appreciated,,,,thanks
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Whats the difference between the two? Do you have some pics? Ie 2004 headlights then pre 2004?

Darth Paul

SEARCH is a wonderful tool...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2277&highlight=headlights

There may be more in there.

Jap GT300

I did this on my car nearly a year ago.  You need to tap an additional power supply.  There are insturctions on SC.

Anonymous

Most interesting to read the new clusters are post 2003. I have recently aquired a nice white import which is believed to be 2002 however sports the new style lights up front ??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

1 big prob it has a "Halfords" style rear fog light to conform to UK standards, again the new light clusters are in the rear anyone out there converted an import to UK spec & how ??   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Ron Goodwin"Most interesting to read the new clusters are post 2003. I have recently aquired a nice white import which is believed to be 2002 however sports the new style lights up front ??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

1 big prob it has a "Halfords" style rear fog light to conform to UK standards, again the new light clusters are in the rear anyone out there converted an import to UK spec & how ??   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Buy the wiring looms from Mr T which have the fog light bulbs? Is it this simple? Adam?  s:? :? s:?

Peter Wright

Quote from: "Ron Goodwin"1 big prob it has a "Halfords" style rear fog light to conform to UK standards, again the new light clusters are in the rear anyone out there converted an import to UK spec & how ??   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
If what you want to do is put the rear fog light into the rear light housings what I did was remove the inner side light (the jap spec has two side lights each side) and replace the inner one with fog bulbs and conectors however I had to make the hole in the housing bigger to acomodate the larger connector
Hope this helps
Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Tags: