Centre console

Started by alancdavis, January 22, 2005, 18:56

alancdavis

Has ony one fit the center consul avalable from MR2 Passion if not any opinions,,,,,,,was wondering what will happen to the window switches  and what if your car has the standard twin din ( is that the correct word ) cd radios,,,,,,,also how does that price relate to in sterling......
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

markiii

no one to my knowledge on ROC,

double DIN would be an issue

Switches are relocated.

costs, just go here

m http://www.xe.com/ucc/ m
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "alancdavis"Has ony one fit the center consul avalable from MR2 Passion if not any opinions,,,,,,,was wondering what will happen to the window switches  and what if your car has the standard twin din

I've been looking into the possibility of a half-console that doesn't require moving anything but the ashtray/lighter module. I'd be interested in your opinion.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "ianbruce"
Quote from: "alancdavis"Has ony one fit the center consul avalable from MR2 Passion if not any opinions,,,,,,,was wondering what will happen to the window switches  and what if your car has the standard twin din

I've been looking into the possibility of a half-console that doesn't require moving anything but the ashtray/lighter module. I'd be interested in your opinion.

IANBRUCE, now that is a fracking excellent idea.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

if you can make it look like that, I'll buy one
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"IANBRUCE, now that is a fracking excellent idea.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Thanks! Here's a slightly wider angle. If you didn't want gauges at that level, I suppose you could just remount the ashtray in that space. The cross-section also suggests that if the lighter was (re)relocated, the saddle could easily accommodate a couple of static cupholders just forward of the shifter (see new diagram).

so.simple

[Off-topic]Wow! Is there anything you can't do with photoshop?[/Off-topic]
Carlos

kanujunkie

Quote from: "so.simple"[Off-topic]Wow! Is there anything you can't do with photoshop?[/Off-topic]

Totally agree Carlos, thats some top notch graphics and idea's
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Slacey

Excellent idea. Looks great and I need the guage space!

Sold!  s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

They look the business! I would be interested if you are looking to take this further!

Dom

heathstimpson

Looks to be a great idea; who's going to put them into production then  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I'll have one!

That photoshopping is amazing.

Anonymous

I'd have one too, looks really good...  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

You can count me in, too. That is absolutely superb.

roger

And me....you've got yourself a business there!

roger
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Excellent idea. Looks great and I need the guage space Sold!  s:) :) s:)

Thanks guys. My guess would be a producing them in color-matched, vacc-formed polyethylene. It's a short run, so no machined billet molds.

I suspect that the real trick will be making the master -- the form you'll pull the mold from. I'll investigate production costs, but if they cost more than $75 (£40) in a run of 100, including any fittings, I'd be very surprised.

Then there's the matter of resolving the shape where it meets the back of the existing shift housing. It has to look factory, not slapped on...

I'll work on it some more this weekend -- maybe as far as comping up a fiberboard dummy to test the assumptions on cup size, encumbrance, gauge position, and line-of-sight.

Bear with me... I'm a designer, but I'm no J Mays. All I can promise is that what I come up with won't completely suck.

Anonymous

make that another one interested.  s:D :D s:D

markiii

Quote from: ianbruceThen there's the matter of resolving the shape where it meets the back of the existing shift housing. It has to look factory, not slapped on...

quote]

If you could allowing teh top of teh existing togear surround to be jsut visible would be useful as I'd like to retain my chrome trim ring if possibkle.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"If you could allowing the top of the existing togear surround to be jsut visible would be useful as I'd like to retain my chrome trim ring if possibkle.

"Existing togear surround"? Explain please. Better yet, post a picture. Thanks.

Slacey

Quote from: "ianbruce""Existing togear surround"? Explain please. Better yet, post a picture. Thanks.
Mark's typing strikes again!

I think he means the chrome trim that sits on top of the gearshift surround  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"I think he means the chrome trim that sits on top of the gearshift surround  s:?: :?: s:?:

Ah! If it's a flat ring that simply mounts on the surface, like the verson from ESAD, you'd be able to reattach it on top of the new fascia.

However, if it's the version that rolls over the edge on all 4 sides you're out of luck since the point of designing this console is to smoothly merge the forward edge of the shift tower into the existing instrument panel.

alancdavis

what am I like,,,,,,,I posrt the original enquirie and am last to respond,,,,,,, still back from the desert now and yes that idea looks fantastic       please if they come for sale I will defenitly have one,,,and will pay a good price,,,,,,,,,, keep me posted     alan
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

markiii

it's flat, i.e attaches only to teh top, but it goes around teh edge of teh leather gaitor.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"it's flat, i.e attaches only to the top, but it goes around the edge of the leather gaitor.

So, it's neither of the one's pictured? Do you have a photo or a URL?

markiii

here u go

Tags: