Centre console

Started by alancdavis, January 22, 2005, 18:56

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"here u go

That'll work just fine.

Something else just came to my attention. This is a shot of a custom TTE MR-S Turbo mod that was showcased in the Toyota booth at a show in Tokyo last month. I've enhanced the image where it counts. If this is a commercial mod, our troubles might be over.

Can anyone identify it? It looks pretty damn close to my illustration:

(Photo un-flopped for our pals across the pond)

UPDATE: The event was the Tokyo Auto Salon in January
 m http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp ... le_id=9123 m

Darth Paul

Sorry for the topic drift, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know...

Mark – where from, how much, and can it be purchased by itself (rather than part of a kit)?

Hell yeah, the saddle console looks great...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Sorry for the topic drift, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know... Mark – where from, how much, and can it be purchased by itself (rather than part of a kit)?

It's not topic-drift at all... Actually Mark's solved my problem of how to secure the rear part of the saddle. I assume those holes are for self-tapping screws?

markiii

They are.

unfortunately itis only available as part of a kit, either the official TTE, where mine came from, or Chromedesign.

At the time TTE told us they would only sell teh kit and wouldn't do piecemeal.

However if enough were wanted, I coudl ask again, DP if you want to start an interest thread and we get enough I'll ask TTE if they will reconsider.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Darth Paul

Quote from: "markiii"They are.

unfortunately itis only available as part of a kit, either the official TTE, where mine came from, or Chromedesign.

At the time TTE told us they would only sell the kit and wouldn't do piecemeal.

However if enough were wanted, I coudl ask again, DP if you want to start an interest thread and we get enough I'll ask TTE if they will reconsider.

Done.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

dieamond

A simple way to hide that the console is on top on the lever, would be to find a way to attach the shift boot directly to the console.

it's what I dit on my david console.... much better than anything you can think of to hide the small 2mm hole you have else.
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

Quote from: "dieamond"A simple way to hide that the console is on top on the lever, would be to find a way to attach the shift boot directly to the console.

Je suis d'accord avec votre évaluation. I think the trim ring would accomplish just that. Merci beaucoup.

dieamond

nice  :-) :-) :-)
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

Quote from: "dieamond"nice  :-) :-) :-)

I'm picking up some black foam-core today to make the comp. I'll post pictures after I have something this weekend.

alancdavis

Me thinks that a lot of MR2 s will be takeing up this mod if it comes up for sale
How many orders will it take to put this into production

If it does then let me be the first to place an order,,,,,
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

filcee

Couple of thoughts, based on where a lot of people here seem to go with add-ons:

What about supplying two ciggie lighters in the saddle?
And then 'custom' inserts to take either iPods, PDAs, after market SatNav, phone kits, guage sets etc. etc.
-or- mount points for some of the custom brackets for the same?

That way you could purchase your 'saddle' plus the optional extras for any goodies you have in the car.  The fitting/mounting kits could be slotted in where the guages are shown in your original pics.

I suspect production costs would have to be monitored, as this will likely increase them.  I also suspect the difficult part would be creating the inserts such that they marry to the saddle so that you can't see the join - unlike the current stereo/ashtray surround as supplied by Mr T.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

alancdavis

If I can get one like ianbruce original post then I will be well chuffed
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Hi superb idea. count me in too

Henry

Anonymous

Very Nice!

alancdavis

just wondering if the consul project is still on

Anonymous

Quote from: "alancdavis"just wondering if the consul project is still on

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 6&start=90 m

alancdavis

has the center consul project died the death,,,,,,i was keen on that idea  ???

Anonymous

I'm also interested, as it seems are many others.

Ianbruce commented recently as pointed out by RedRaceR:

QuoteRedRaceR wrote:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 6&start=90 m

alancdavis

WOULD IT BE AN IDEA TO LET IAN KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD BUY ONE ?

DAM!!!!!!!!!!!! THE CAP LOCK IS STUCK

alancdavis

has any one contacted Ian to express the interest on this side of the water,,,,,,

Anonymous

I did send a PM to his MR2ROC profile but not on Spyderchat. No response ever received.

kanujunkie

has he actually picked it up though?? perrhaps he's on hols
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

ooh - can I tell if he's read it?

I sent it on 27th March so nice long hol if he is away.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "TiMr2"ooh - can I tell if he's read it?

yep, if you go to your message inbox, you'll see at the top it says outbox, click on it and if you can see your pm to him then it means that he hasn't read it, pm's stay in the outbox until the recipient reads them
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

In that case he must have read it as it is not in my outbox but in my sentbox.

Tags: