Centre console

Started by alancdavis, January 22, 2005, 18:56

Anonymous

ok
well im am an affiliate of SC and iv havent seen much progress of the center console.  he doesnt seem very serious about it b/c 1. )  all the ppl that have expressed interested should have pushged him to get it done faster and 2) no one has heard from him on SC since my last post i sent in his direction.
IMHO i dont think it'll happen anytime soon  s:( :( s:(
CT

Jap GT300

Here is a pic of the Modelista Negroni Kit on a 2' which has a very tasty center console.  I wonder if it can be bought seperately?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I wonder if it can be bought seperately?

DIY, it took me 70 hours and 300£ for the leather/alcantara cover.
But only the console.

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s8) 8) s8)  

Very nice work matey.

karlus972

Beautiful work!! wow impressive.
Would you have by any chance the accurate measurements, and which material you used to sew, glue, snap? etc etc?
Pictures of the whole process may be?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I started to work on mine, but I am not too much of a DIY man, and my leather supplier is out of town   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Madinina Style!!

kanujunkie

i think Karlus said it right, beautiful work! ever thought about going into production  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

karlus972

True!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   would that be an option?
as far as i am concerned, it's the nicest console I've seen so far!    s8) 8) s8)
Madinina Style!!

kanujunkie

or at least do a write up on how on build one for the articles page  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

yeh because id certinaly be interested in one

dieamond

QuoteDIY, it took me 70 hours and 300£ for the leather/alcantara cover.

beautiful

VERY expensive

but beautiful
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"or at least do a write up on how on build one for the articles page  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
I will try to do that but not in the next days.
The measurements without a plan is to difficult for me to explain, of course in english
the console was made in poplar plywood, clued and screwed.
the weight is a bit more than the plastic thing. i can weigh for you  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Here, you can have a look at more pics in the "w3innen" section
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/W3Driver/

Anonymous

wow, you've done a great job there

kanujunkie

OMG!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   i've just been looking at the photo's of your car on your site W3Driver and my hat off to you, the level of workmanship is second to none, amazing work, i particulary like the wheels you've had done
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

Yes also looked through your site; your 2 is very impressive  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

karlus972

Definitly! One of the nicest MR-S I've seen so far  s:!: :!: s:!:
Madinina Style!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"OMG!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   i've just been looking at the photo's of your car on your site W3Driver and my hat off to you, the level of workmanship is second to none, amazing work, i particulary like the wheels you've had done

Thank you all for the compliments, its a very money eating machine, but we live only one time.

@kanujunkie
there was a company in Germany they have made it. CNC-rims, but their Website is down since probably half a year.
Its a 3 Piece wheel. The middle part from this wheel you can design it at your owm mind, and they made it for you in the surface and design you want except the statics from is affected.
Price 8"x 17" ET 31 4 pc`s is 4000 Euro

heathstimpson

Quote from: "W3Driver"Thank you all for the compliments, its a very money eating machine
Don't we all know that on here with all the group buys and enticement  s:? :? s:?  
Quote from: "W3Driver"but we live only one time.
Exactly matey; live life to the full and spend spend spend on that 2  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

So - back to the original topic: Is that center console still under construction   s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:   ---- or is it "gone"   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

alancdavis

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR SOME TIME NOW,,,,,,,,,HENCE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ALL INTERESTED PARTYS NEED TO BE ACCOUNTED AND ANY OF THE MEMBERS WILLING TO PUT CONSULS INTO PRODUCTION COULD PLEASE A LOT OF MR2 OWNERS HAPPY AND PERHAPS MAKE A POUND OR TWO !
PS ,,MY CAP LOCK HAS STUCK AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

kanujunkie

i have to say i cant see it happening, unless a few people decide to do it for themselves, perhaps we can sweet talk W3Driver into letting us have the plans????????????

oh and Alan, GET A NEW KEYBOARD  s:!: :!: s:!:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"oh and Alan, GET A NEW KEYBOARD  s:!: :!: s:!:
I assume he is using the interent through Sky  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"oh and Alan, GET A NEW KEYBOARD  s:!: :!: s:!:
I assume he is using the interent through Sky  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

sorry not used to these new fandangled technology thingies  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

dieamond

David is finally working on a smaller (so less expensive) console.

Target price is 200/250 euros, the price of a set of short springs.

It's very hard to lower the price, because beyond the price for material, there's a lot of handwork (like on the style bars)
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

kanujunkie

sounds interesting any piccies of a experimental stage console?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "dieamond"David is finally working on a smaller (so less expensive) console.

Target price is 200/250 euros, the price of a set of short springs.

It's very hard to lower the price, because beyond the price for material, there's a lot of handwork (like on the style bars)
Does this mean another GB run to Paris?  s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: