Centre console

Started by alancdavis, January 22, 2005, 18:56

dieamond

David requested not to post the pics, because it's an early stage and some might stop on it :p
(ie : it doesn't look good. promising but no good)

I think the concept is OK, now we have to see the design of the console.

But it will do what's needed : fill the gap between actual console and dash board

I have to post pics of an earlier prototype I have in my car.
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

alancdavis

any thing happening with the consuls ???
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

alancdavis

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I get the feeling the consul idea has died the death,,,,,,,,,,,,sad   s:( :( s:(
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

kanujunkie

Quote from: "alancdavis"Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I get the feeling the consul idea has died the death,,,,,,,,,,,,sad   s:( :( s:(

so make youre own one then??

not hard, just time consuming
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

dieamond

David is progressing on the new version

close of this one :
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

alancdavis

Would have no idea where to start to construct a consul of my own from scratch,,,hence to persuance of a ready made item          
Will be greatful for periodic posts with any news of progress,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol

ps,,,,,,,,have you all seen the retrim (red / black ) on ebay:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "alancdavis"ps,,,,,,,,have you all seen the retrim (red / black ) on ebay:

link?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

alancdavis

woops,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Porsche-Style-Toy ... dZViewItem m

kanujunkie

trial bodykit, c-one vents, custom interior, momo wheels, damd lights, spoiler amongst others,    

NICE..................................  s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]Stu[/size]

alancdavis

My toughts exactly,,,,,,,,,,,,give one a goal to match

as before,,,,,,,love the seats

I belive they were done by Precision Trimming located in Huddlesfield.
  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

From the side, that car looks gorgeous.

From the rear, it's about as ugly a Roadster as I've seen. Far too fussy and cluttered for my tastes.

Re-trim looks nice though, even if I don't think the red matches the blue particularly well.

richbay

as for the centre console, im sure one could be vac formed very cheaply, using a wooden mold, a company such as Arlon plastic's in the midlands would be able to do a cheap run of a few hundread before the mold needs replacing. if some one provides a set of dimensions i could do a solid cad model and a set of drawings for quotation.

Anonymous

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Ekona"From the side, that car looks gorgeous.

From the rear, it's about as ugly a Roadster as I've seen. Far too fussy and cluttered for my tastes.

Re-trim looks nice though, even if I don't think the red matches the blue particularly well.
Exactly with you on this one Dan; the back looks aweful IMHO  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

Quote from: "richbay"as for the centre console, I'm sure one could be vac formed very cheaply, using a wooden mold, a company such as Arlon plastic's in the midlands would be able to do a cheap run of a few hundread before the mold needs replacing. if some one provides a set of dimensions i could do a solid cad model and a set of drawings for quotation.

been down this sort of road before, problem is that a cheap run will require a few hundred, but we dont have a few hundred current members who would partake in this, in fact we would be lucky to make 20. This then means the price goes up beyond the point thats cost efficient and would carry a very high price tag, sorry to put a downer on your idea's and thanx for the offer of the cad stuff.
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

I think what he means is its a cheap easy process to vacum form plastic.

The plastic sheet is cheap it warms up and then sucks into the mould. Only need the right machine and a mould (drilled with lots of holes to allow said suction process)

Maybe making the mould is the tricky part but after that should be relatively simple.

Anyway just an observation.

Philster.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"I think what he means is its a cheap easy process to vacum form plastic.

The plastic sheet is cheap it warms up and then sucks into the mould. Only need the right machine and a mould (drilled with lots of holes to allow said suction process)

Maybe making the mould is the tricky part but after that should be relatively simple.

Anyway just an observation.

Philster.

cheers Phil, i know what vacuumm forming is, done a few bits at work myself before our machine was removed and sold. The problem is that we need an overall cost which includes the drilled mould. This increases the cost hugely and i dont know about you i'd rather not create one myself, they're really time consumeing, something like this could take 100's of hours
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

Hence my caveat on the mould making.

Tho if someone has some time and puts in the effort then they could come up with something. I think  your right tho you probably get out what you put in.

Phil

kanujunkie

for me mdf, bits of wood, p40 and hey presto you have a console, ready for the trimmers, not quite that simple but probably more solid
[size=100]Stu[/size]

richbay

if i did create a 3d solid model, that could then be exported to a rapid prototype house such as ark-formation or there are many out there, they would produce a small run of parts for a few pounds each, (depending on material required and finish) plus the cost of the initial mold, i could get quotes if i had some rough dimensions

kanujunkie

ok, what sort of dimensions are we talkiing about then?, LxBxH, position of gear stick, datum point, handbrake position and depth of movement, that sort of thing?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

alancdavis

It seems that you guys would put some effort into the idea if there was sufficent interest to make it worthwhile and cover costs.

If any members are interested I suggest we draw up a list of people who will be seriously interested,

Start the list with me

alancdavis  s:!: :!: s:!:

kanujunkie

well alan your the one who seems the most interested in doing this, fancy taking the measurements???
[size=100]Stu[/size]

alancdavis

sad excuse but at the moment my car is at home,,,I am in Dartford and the on to Holland,,,,,,,,,,,,,All work and no play,,,,,,,,,  s:( :( s:(

kanujunkie

get out of jail free, my excuse, i'm off to St.Lucia to sit on a beach  s8) 8) s8)    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  life sucks on occassions eh!  s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: