Dans Turbo Build

Started by dan944, February 22, 2018, 13:42

dan944

Quote from: monsi on July 18, 2018, 21:49
Sorry, no hump either!

If it's not the vvt then I guess it must be something to do with the pipework that's different on mine.... Maybe
Quote from: dan944 on July 18, 2018, 21:41
Quote from: monsi on July 18, 2018, 21:40
I haven't got that dip on mine... Is your standalone ECU controlling the vvt?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Hump not dip. Lol.
Yes. I believe he's doing voodoo stuff with it.

Hmm. Odd. It's no issue at all. Greg just thought it seemed engine related and wanted to check his theory.
And then got curious with the 2zz.
"I swear mum I did try and sell the roadster"

Silver mr2 2003 FL. Custom Turbo build 209whp. Lots of handling mods.

Honda CR-V The Work Horse

shnazzle

Yours must be special monsi. Just did a random search and every single 1zz dyno chart I can find (within reasonable builds, not silly idiot power) all have the hump. Some more pronounced than others.
...neutiquam erro.

mikek

Quote from: dan944 on July 18, 2018, 21:48
Quote from: mikek on July 18, 2018, 21:40
I haven't got any pictures/graphs. Day got to be very long and I forgot to ask before I left. They are stored on the system though. Will pick them up next time!!
I mean...did it even happen?

My bank account is empty so I presume I didn't dream it
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

monsi

That's why I think it might be down to the layout/pipework as so far I haven't seen anyone with the same setup as me

Simon

[size=85]Sable 2003 Roadster
1ZZ, GT25R, Dual path exhaust, Sports Cat, 440cc Injectors, Chargecooler, Yellowstuff pads, Braided hoses, Custom bracing, Sports springs, Polybushes, Megasquirt - Coming soon boost control and water injection!
[/size]

BahnStormer

Quote from: mikek on July 18, 2018, 21:08
@BahnStormer

The beauty of Greg's tuning was he didn't look at the peak power untill he had mapped a perfect linear curve (if there is such a thing)

I know what you mean - smooth curve :)

Quote from: mikek on July 18, 2018, 21:08
@BahnStormer

He was most pleased with the distance he put between my first run curve and my final run curve between 3000rpm and 6000rpm. I think this is what you are talking about "under the curve"

Similar, but not quite: that comment would apply to the mid-range increase, but that description is used more in relation to completely different shaped torque curves, e.g. comparing a 2ZZ that makes 200whp and a turbo that makes 200whp: if you were to draw the two power curves and see how many square centres you needed to fill in the area, the area under the turbo's power curve would be much higher since. Another way of describing it is when they quote peak torque on engines (especially TDI's), they often quote the range that it makes that torque.

Skip to 15min 45sec on this video and you'll see the sort of power curve you don't want, unless you "just want a number for your forum signature" (their words, not mine) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6rK0EEuSpM
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Tags: