Apexi induction??????

Started by conrank, May 13, 2018, 11:44

conrank

Right, so everywhere I look ppl are talking about Apexi Induction kits being the best... but I can't find one for love nor money. How come?
Black on Black 2003 MK3

shnazzle

It's more the filter than anything. Stock maf housing with apexi filter
...neutiquam erro.

m1tch

Think I have one in the garage, to be honest the stock airbox flows more than the 1zz can take in, my suggestion would be to keep the stock airbox and simply swap out the pipe that feeds the stock airbox - temps will be down vs open filter.

I have an open filter behind the battery, for me I have done that mainly to free up space, as well as a bit of weight reduction coupled with better throttle response, wouldn't say the car is more powerful - only a full remap would give you that and a remapped 1zz in NA form will probably yield say 10-15bhp, most of it is adjusting the timing and optimising the VVTI better.

Dougster7

Quote from: m1tch on June 12, 2018, 16:17
Quote from: Essex2Visuvesi on June  6, 2018, 09:12
Did you mean the AEM?
https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1050491/toyota/aem-cold-air-intakes/21-462c.html

I have this one sitting in the garage:

https://www.vividracing.com/apexi-power-intake-toyota-mr2-spyder-jdm-1zzge-0007-p-151471313.html

That's what I have, great noise with 2zz :) Unsure about any power gains as had it on since conversion was done. Got mine from Nengun but had to wait about 6 weeks....the slowest 6 weeks ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2ZZ by Rogue

onion86

The problem with the Apexi filters seems to be getting a legit one. There appear to be *a lot* of fakes on the Internet.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Dougster7

If you're set on it buy from a reputable dealer, you're right there's plenty copy ones out there....Enough to have a YouTube video showing the differences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2ZZ by Rogue

andyroo104

I may have one up for sale soon, all depends on whether my next set up has the same induction noise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags: