ebay

Started by Anonymous, March 6, 2005, 16:33

aaronjb

Quote from: "loadswine"Could be that's how he got my email address.

More than likely it's just automated programs to harvest email addresses off ebay. That or simply spam and unrelated to ebay.

I've noticed an increase in the fake ebay notices too - easiest way to tell is simply to go to  w www.ebay.co.uk w  yourself, and not use any links in the email. (Only if you regularly make sure your machine isn't infested with browser hijacks & spyware of course, otherwise you simply can't trust any web site you browse to, not just ebay).

The first one I got was definitely real - I could tell as I couldn't get into ebay anymore and all my auctions had been ended  s;) ;) s;)  But the more recent ones have all been fakes..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Just been stiffed AGAIN!.

Bought something on Saturday from a user who actually had excellent feedback.  Had 3 or 4 email coversations with him also, seems great.

Yesterday got an email from ebay saying my transaction was withdrawn as the user is no longer registered on ebay and not to pay them.  I log in (via ebay.co.uk not via the link) and the listing has gone.  So has the user.

I try to contact said user, surprise, no response.  Its nice of ebay to tell me not to pay them when their system knows I already have.

Tags: